Author Topic: awarded zero financial aid. wtf do I do  (Read 1697 times)

so for the college I wanted to enter (vcu) I was accepted but the fasfa office gave me no aid whatsoever. my efc was calculated to high I can bring up the number later. the thing is my brother and sister who go to the same college rn are consistently awarded a substantial amount of aid per year. my dad brings in about 120k a year, and my mom is stay at home. what the forget do I do I don't get why my siblings get the aid but I didn't

you dont deserve financial aid

so for the college I wanted to enter (vcu) I was accepted but the fasfa office gave me no aid whatsoever. my efc was calculated to high I can bring up the number later. the thing is my brother and sister who go to the same college rn are consistently awarded a substantial amount of aid per year. my dad brings in about 120k a year, and my mom is stay at home. what the forget do I do I don't get why my siblings get the aid but I didn't

Thats strange, is it based on grades or something?

you should get aid if your siblings did as well. isn't there some appeals number you could call about it?

yea imma try the appeals number. and financial aid isn't based off of grades at all, just financial situation. the fasfa application never asked for my transcripts or academic performance

you dont deserve financial aid
show me your transcripts white boy

show me your transcripts white boy
show me your criminal record

it's expunged you won't find a thing god bless circuit court prosecutors. show me your transcripts sir

financial aid isn't based off of grades at all, just financial situation.
could have sworn they took your gpa into account; unless that was a lie i was told purely so i'd keep my grades up lol

is your dad helping you pay for school?

i know here in canada theres a forgety loophole that if your parents are well off but they are not paying for anything (aka they disown you) your financial aid is crippled because its based on your parents income

i know some people that have been disowned by their parents so they effectively cant go to university because they dont have the means to pay

is your dad helping you pay for school?

i know here in canada theres a forgety loophole that if your parents are well off but they are not paying for anything (aka they disown you) your financial aid is crippled because its based on your parents income

i know some people that have been disowned by their parents so they effectively cant go to university because they dont have the means to pay
The US has a similar problem. The FAFSA doesn't consider you independent until you're 25, regardless of your tax filing status. So you can be disowned and move halfway across the country and still require their tax information to apply. Some schools have special programs to assist people in this sort of scenario, though I'm not totally sure how much or if they really help.

financial aid does take into account your grades after your awarded it as you need maintain eligibility. but it does take in secondary school performance

but for my situation im planning on trying to keep and pay all my expenses because even tho my dad has a well off job he still owes debts personally and mortgage. I want to take as much financial pressure off him as possible. hes done right by me. he at least deserves that much

does anyone have any advice on scholarships and grants? i haven't looked much into them but I want to know if any of y'all had major success with them

look for scholarships, depending on the university they provide grants. for example, OSU offers scholarships on their website like this. (which i am using) there's also scholarship searchers, i'd recommend scanning around your area for essays that fit your life situation. I haven't gone scholarship searching, but this may be of help.

if not? I'd do an appeal, or take note to apply as soon as it opens next go around. private loans may be your option for excess but try to avoid em as much as possible.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 08:21:42 PM by New Years »