Maldito Pistol Pack: overpowered arcade-style guns : 5/25 update

Author Topic: Maldito Pistol Pack: overpowered arcade-style guns : 5/25 update  (Read 6192 times)

The MALDITOS are here

New pistols now available.
They're like the default gun.

Each Maldito has its own quirks. Here is a brief summary for each:

Mldt. 9: shoot while moving for additional damage.

Mldt. 9 Dual: ditto - plus right-click to fire the left gun.

Mldt. 50: skill cannon - don't miss, or you'll have to take a pause from shooting to regain high-damage mode.

Mldt. 9-SD: move slowly to fire raycasts - take a pause from shooting to reload them when they run out.

Mldt. Cuadrado: use it like a shotgun!

Mldt. Automatico: watch the recoil pattern.

Click the image below to download.

May 11: Update: link to post
May 18: Another update! link to post
May 25: Update III: link to post
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 01:35:22 PM by Gumba Jonny »

bro i think you flipped your screenshots 4th dimensonally

bro i think you flipped your screenshots 4th dimensonally

god damnit i tOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH THE FABRIC OF REALITY

is there a sawed off pistol?

0/10, no sawn-off silenced extended mag sniper pistol

Bump. Here's a render of the
Maldito-9SD(View in 3D)

models are great and i like the unique weapon effect concept but any gimmick that involves movement speed or forces you to halt your movement is a loss imo. my opinion probably doesn't mean much but maybe instead of the 9SD being movement based have it deal double damage to opponents' back to promote sneak attacks so its more positioning-centered

my reasoning is that slowing down to use the weapon is too niche, and won't mesh well in servers where the gameplay is more fast-paced (quake-type, for example) but flanking damage mechanics will work in any combat scenario save duck hunt, regardless of the pace of the game
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:14:33 PM by PhantOS »

Fair points. Most Blockland servers revolve around explosives and jumping around like a maniac. I should mention, though, that you can still walk while using the SD. Also, if you stutter step like it's counter strike, it works really well in normal gunfights. However, being knocked around past walking velocity (i.e. bullet impact) will ruin it. You also can't use it in a moving vehicle.

It's still incredibly niche, yes, but all the more power to people who make CQC maps without a lot of explosives. It can be handicappedly overpowered when you have the jump on someone, even on multiple people.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 04:06:08 AM by Gumba Jonny »

that said, all of gumbas weapons as far as ive seen are more "design build/game around weapon" than vice versa so all the gimmicks gumba makes for his weapons imo dont need to be particularly balanced since the minigame designer should be taking its characteristics into account.

imo also gumba's signature style to make some quirky/odd but fun mechanic or feel behind every weapon he posts, so it would feel even weirder if he went T+T style brain and tried to balance his weapons.

Adjusted the Maldito-9SD:
  • + Now fires bullets when raycast misses/is out of range, with no penalty to raycast mode.
  • + Buffed movement penalty cooldown from 540ms to 450ms. This means you can re-acquire raycast mode faster after having shot while moving too fast.
  • + Buffed raycast damage from 14x3 to 25x2.
  • - Nerfed raycast range from 70 to 50.
It's also updated on Glass, if you use that.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 02:21:36 AM by Gumba Jonny »

make a pistol witjh a really bad ejectionm port that ejejcts the hot casings in your face

make a pistol witjh a really bad ejectionm port that ejejcts the hot casings in your face
That's actually a funny idea, like a low bullet dmg pistol but the casings fly out the side and you try to hit ppl with those for big damage

Good job, the movement quirks sound cool

Special thanks to gary cactus (Gytyyhgfffff) whose generous code donation allows us to shoot in squares, and thanks to the rest of the BCC discord who helped me understand math gooder.

¡COÑO, YA REGRESARON!
*Added damage dropoff - is time based, feel free to use it for your own guns! (Support_LifetimeRange)
*Added the Maldito Cuadrado - four-barrel semi-auto pistol!
*Added some new visual effects.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 02:10:44 AM by Gumba Jonny »

following the recent update i now can prove gumba jonny is making the global weapon class ranking (pistol -> heavy weapons ) but in researchographic pistol form