Author Topic: Authentication Failed: IP changed?  (Read 1566 times)

So I created another account on my computer that's not an administrator, so I had to install Blockland separately on that account. Oddly, when I boot it up, it still has all my old add-ons from my other account. It's still in demo mode though, so I find my old key and type it in.

It tells me that the Full Version is Unlocked for like three seconds before switching to Invalid Key and displaying the error spelled out in the subject at the bottom where you put the key in. I tried reentering the key, but this of course did not work. I got the exact same results every time. Since the administrator account on my PC will soon be locked where I won't be able to sign into it, this is a problem. Been playing this game since I was eleven and I still enjoy makin' stuff in it. I was hoping you guys could help me get this figured out?

Aaaaaand now it won't even run on the administrator account. What in Sam Hill is goin' on!?

wait until the leak drama is over

you'll have to play using steam, then transfer all your add-ons and saves over to the steamapps/common/blockland folder

You can fix this if you already have the game on steam. Simply quickly boot up the game via steam and it'll authenticate your current IP address. Then switch to your non-steam install and it will work.

This is happening because of a stopgap security measure following a large scale theft of keys. Eventually the game is going to become steam-only, but there is still some time before that is finalized.

You can fix this if you already have the game on steam. Simply quickly boot up the game via steam and it'll authenticate your current IP address. Then switch to your non-steam install and it will work.

This is happening because of a stopgap security measure following a large scale theft of keys. Eventually the game is going to become steam-only, but there is still some time before that is finalized.

I sure hope it doesn't. The reason I hate the Steam version is because it doesn't work with clien-side add-ons. At least it didn't before I deleted it. I think there were some other issues as well, but I fail to remember them. Gonna try your advice though. Don't have much of a choice.

The reason I hate the Steam version is because it doesn't work with clien-side add-ons.
You must have done something wrong because it definitely does. Most of the current pain points (dedicated servers, alts) are being addressed prior to the transition to steam-only.

Alright, that worked. I can actually play the game now from Steam. BUT...I still can't play it off steam. It gives me the same exact problem. Seems like i'm gonna have to literally buy another key if I'm gonna be able to play Blockland off steam.

Just got your new reply. Yeah, maybe I did somewhere. gonna see how it works with client add-ons now.

damn, this happened to me too. literally same problems, says ip changed. i hope theres a fix to this

damn, this happened to me too. literally same problems, says ip changed. i hope theres a fix to this
if you have steam version
Simply quickly boot up the game via steam and it'll authenticate your current IP address. Then switch to your non-steam install and it will work.