we found badspot's stock sound effect cd

Author Topic: we found badspot's stock sound effect cd  (Read 18014 times)

how in forget did you find this

a lot of these sounds are just reused and compressed from other things. i highly doubt after school special actually originated from this sound pack

a lot of these sounds are just reused and compressed from other things. i highly doubt after school special actually originated from this sound pack
I definitely have my suspicions

And so begins the search for the true TRUE origins of After School Special

Breaking my long forum silence to chip in a little extra information.  I was on Badspot's Block Party many years ago and asked where After School Special is from, and he told me it's from a royalty free CD he got in 1997.  This CD is from 1998.  There are two explanations:

1. Badspot remembered the wrong year.  It happens.

2. Badspot really did get that CD in 1997, possibly one that had been printed 1996 or earlier, and this 1998 CD is a later version of that one.  Thus, that CD would be the true source of many of Blockland's sounds and music, and likely that one 1996 song that samples Ambient Deep, too.

Been wanting to find a fat library of sounds and other crap like this, so this is pretty cool

legends say that badspot actually sampled a rare royalty-free hymn collection from 1387, that 5000 sounds was merely sampling themselves. these ancient low-budget folk tunes are forever lost to time, and all that remains is in 5000 sounds and blockland

after school special is actually a modern rendition of æfter leorninghús sundorcræft, a classic æthelstanian folk epic sung among clergymen  detailing the religious antics that occur after priory study

I absolutely love how you guys are so destined to find the roots of Blockland sounds like that, it definitely makes the game a lot more interesting to research.

\5000SNDS\SOUNDS\MUSIC\LOOPS\110D.wav 110F.wav 110H.wav, these are parts of the song that are used in the researcho song LMAO holy forget, \5000SNDS\SOUNDS\MUSIC\KBFX\HITONES\KBHI1000.wav is the wand sound but SUUPER LONG
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 01:12:24 AM by 1 »

\5000SNDS\SOUNDS\MUSIC\LOOPS\110D.wav 110F.wav 110H.wav, these are parts of the song that are used in the researcho song LMAO holy forget
The lone horn clip is great

LMAOO, peak memorabilia
when i have my mid life crCIA and my kids are looking through my stuff they will ask me "dad why do you have 5000 sounds in this box" and i will have to explain the concept of this game called blockland to them

anyone upload the songs by themselves for easy listening?

I definitely have my suspicions

this is definitely bringing up my suspicion after listening to "don't let that music die", there are some parts 0:00-0:18, and parts where the guitar from the original just fades in, there's gotta be more stems floating around somewhere