Author Topic: Asiimov Draws Crap: The Thread  (Read 3162 times)

This is where I Show off my art

Lately, i've been trying to improve my mouth designs, so here's a doodle of my Snow Leopard Character Kev!

stop drawing and give up on art

theres a lot of room for improvement, but its not awful. just have to practice facial proportions and depth

tail looks like its sprouting out of his mid back, so try to make it more vertical and less diagonal, or just put it lower. either way works.
the mouth seems to be a bit too high up as well.
the eyes should be moved to the right a bit, to make it look more like hes facing more in that direction rather than just a crooked mouth.
the torso seems really thin, so you should probably make it a little wider.
right arm is too upfront, needs to be put back a little, sorta like this:

it looks good! keep practising and you'll get better without even realising it. you're at a rly good point right now. try drawing a bit more from reality before you simplify stuff. keep it up king

buy draw tablet
this helps but i know a great deal of people that draw very well without one. better tools don't make you better at drawing itself and certainly dont invest in something as expensive as a tablet unless you're absolutely sure you're going to continue with this hobby
just try the stabilisation tool and dont hurt your wrist

this helps but i know a great deal of people that draw very well without one. better tools don't make you better at drawing itself
you mean on paper right? drawing better on paper? because this is digital art, and if youre going to continue making digital art: buy a tablet, they dont have to be 'something expensive' drawing tablets have a wide as forget pricerange these days

you mean on paper right? drawing better on paper? because this is digital art, and if youre going to continue making digital art: buy a tablet, they dont have to be 'something expensive' drawing tablets have a wide as forget pricerange these days
i meant digital art! i'm not suggesting that you shouldn't buy a tablet but if you can't get your hands on one then working with a mouse is doable, you just have to work differently than most artists. this should only be the case if you want to keep it as a pastime and not anything serious
i think early scpkid art really kicked it off for me and they did it with just a mouse, you should check them out if you're unfamiliar

I really wish I remembered their name but someone on the forum used to draw entirely with their mouse and it was incredible

im not a (good) artist but i too use a mouse. probably why i'm not a (good) artist

I really wish I remembered their name but someone on the forum used to draw entirely with their mouse and it was incredible
flamecannon

flamecannon

Im sure they were one of them but Im pretty sure its someone else Im thinking of specifically

bitches be like not only do i decide what is art and what isn't but also i say if you are not at the very least simulating pen on paper then what youre doing is not art

bitches be like not only do i decide what is art and what isn't but also i say if you are not at the very least simulating pen on paper then what youre doing is not art
the general consensus is that drawing tablets are the closest emulation to drawing on a piece of paper. you do not use a mouse to draw on paper, you use a pencil. any art drawn with a mouse is therefore illegitimate artwork

if you draw with your mouse im just gonna go ahead and say RIP your wrist, besides imprving lightning fast this is the only reason im suggesting a tablet, get off my richard. rlly not interested in an argument about this, its about as deep as when mr bones was arguing a controller can keep up with a mouse+kb
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 06:53:03 AM by Unimproved »