only like less than >20 servers and less than 30 players most days

Author Topic: only like less than >20 servers and less than 30 players most days  (Read 3847 times)

I’m wondering the same thing. There was pretty consistently 100+ people on before this situation. Do a lot of people still not have their accounts back / don’t want to make the transition to steam?

"less than greater than 20 servers" is logically equivalent to "there are any number of servers"
seems like a strange statement to make

"less than greater than 20 servers" is logically equivalent to "there are any number of servers"
seems like a strange statement to make
It doesn't include exactly 20 if you're going to be pedantic about it.

Badspot updated Blockland so that you need Steam to authenticate due to several keys getting stolen. Hosting dedicated servers now required a special token that can be generated by your Steam account on the Blockland website.
I'm assuming that a bunch of people don't know about this since they don't use the forums, and now their non-Steam accounts and dedicated servers just suddenly don't work.
While this looks bad for Blockland's waning popularity, I don't think this means much until there are literally 0 people playing the game. I remember that Badspot mentioned he could get Blockland's costs down to $10 a month, meaning that forum ads and the few people still buying this game on Steam every so often would be enough to break even.

We are seeing the beginning of the end

well my non steam accounts work and i can still start dedicated servers

Blockland was like this near half a year ago; people will come around again in time. If they don't, there's plenty of ways to enjoy the game with little players/by yourself

It doesn't include exactly 20 if you're going to be pedantic about it.
wouldn't that be "less than or greater than"? i read it as (less than (greater than 20))

and wouldn't be surprised if blockland's numbers picked up again a while after this incident is fully over

well my non steam accounts work and i can still start dedicated servers
are you playing online? have you updated? if either are false thats why - he removed key authentication, name changing, and the key auth input box entirely, and replaced it with a new blid selection gui. the game allows you to auth while offline via checking if your key fulfills certain requirements.

are you playing online? have you updated? if either are false thats why - he removed key authentication, name changing, and the key auth input box entirely, and replaced it with a new blid selection gui. the game allows you to auth while offline via checking if your key fulfills certain requirements.
yea blockland is working completely normal for me. i can join servers and host

guess he didnt turn off the key auth server then. weird. id have thought hed turn it off once officially going steam only.

this is how the story ends

Some people may come back when they see some servers come back online. I open Blockland up most days wanting to play it but close it if I don't see anything I want to play.

wouldn't that be "less than or greater than"? i read it as (less than (greater than 20))
It you read it like that sure. It could also have been read <> 20. My point was it's very easy to work out what OP meant.