[NEWS] New Executive Order on Preventing Online Censorship

Author Topic: [NEWS] New Executive Order on Preventing Online Censorship  (Read 3203 times)

hes secretly angry he cant talk about my little pony anymore

Nice ad hominem, bro

But imagine being a fan of corporate censorship and defending it too.

Seems like I'm the only one here actually interested in a discussion about corporate censorship.

While you people have no points so you throw in some ad hominem rather than discussing your opposing viewpoint.

Pathetic.

But imagine actually being a fan of corporate giant social media censorship.

Bootlickers
i only said some things, like u

ad hominem is actually a form of censorship because you think you can slow my opinions down with personal attacks.  :panda:

i only said some things, like u

cool story bro.

why did you post a picture of yourself in this thread though? lol

cool story bro.

why did you post a picture of yourself in this thread though? lol
nope its you, accept it and stop double posting u mad boi

if you respond to this post you are officially trying to censor me

if you respond to this post you are officially trying to censor me

some people consider graffiti a form of communication and autistic sharing. the neighborhood bakery down the block views the graffiti on it's wall as a distraction that will take away from or improperly reflect the bakery's intended goals. some neighborhood vandals spray painted "BREAD IS AWESOME!" on the wall along with a really detailed and beautiful loaf of bread, fresh out of the oven. the bakery, although disapproving of this,  sees this contribution as a much needed outreach to customers. everyone in the neighborhood now knows the bakery as the BREAD IS AWESOME! store and tourists are intrigued by the flashy graffiti and decide to go in for a baguette. the bakers are amazed at the jump in sales and now consider this street art as a legitimate marketing asset and want to encourage it more.

the bakers are ecstatic. by chance, the CEO of BreadTecTM happens to pass by and, upon seeing the colorful art on the store wall, immediately storms inside and offers the bakers a lucrative business deal. Bread Is Awesome!TM has to sell BreadTecTM-certified croissants in their store, and in exchange, BreadTecTM will give them a million dollars every year. suddenly, our little neighborhood bakery has turned into full blown bread restaurant, where everyone in a 5 mile radius now buys their bread. they sell every bread ever created in the history of man, including BreadTecTM-certified baguettes. everyone is really happy and rich.

some people consider graffiti a form of distraction and offense. one day the bakers walk down the block to open up their booming bakery business. to their horror, someone has spray painted over the front entrance door- "OUR BREAD IS MOLDY" with a visceral picture of bread oozing puss. the elderly regulars walking over to the bakery to buy their daily brioche notice the vile graffiti. 'no... this cannot be... your bread is moldy!!!' the wife cries in terror before she faints into her elderly husband's arms, after which he dies of a heart attack on the spot. news spreads around the globe that BREAD IS AWESOME! has been selling moldy bread this whole time. almost immediately their stocks drop to record lows as every trader on the wall street trading floor immediately breaks down in tears. BreadTecTM withdraws their funding and cuts association completely with BREAD IS AWESOME! in fear that they too will be known as the bread tycoon that sells moldy bread.

the bakers are furious. they whip out their sledgehammers and prepare to pulverize the front door. right as they begin their swing, a black government car veers into the sidewalk and out steps The Literal President Of The United States, Donald Annoying Orange. he snaps his finger and the sledgehammers instantly turn to dust. "No censoring freedom of speech" he says with a smirk as he whips out a can of paint and draws a cartoon snake on the store sign. he then promptly steps back into the vehicle and it departs. BREAD IS AWESOME! goes out of business and is forever known as The Moldy Bread snake Store That Killed Some Old People

the bakers then commit Self Delete shortly after. everyone is really dead and broke. the end.

do you have something against artists? you censored the 'artistic' in my little story, which violates my first amendment rights

But seriously imagine defending a corporation's right to censor us

tony is right tho. conservative victim complex aside, social media giants like twitter wield a pretty strong amount of power in controlling public dialogue at this point and that is a reality we'll have to confront with legislation in the very near future. at the same time, i think these corporations also have a public obligation to ensure they aren't facilitating the spread of dangerous ideologies or misinformation. any law that's enacted to regulate this sort of moderation is going to cause a much more extreme response than intended though. punish companies for stuff their users post (if i understand correctly, the protection that prevents this is what Annoying Orange is threatening to pull?) and their safest response is to over-censor everything, punish them for moderation and the safest response is to be hands-off and let everyone stay, and then pretty much everything is forced to become gab. i'm sure any legislation would have built-in exceptions to let platforms ban already-unprotected speech, but even considering what those categories are would probably be a political nightmare. try getting republicans to agree to a blanket allowance for "hate speech" bans, it ain't happening.

mail-in ballots of all things were probably one of the lamest things twitter could have sparked this over though lol

Okay but when will the ActivityPub protocols become mainstream?