george floyd

Author Topic: george floyd  (Read 29710 times)

https://twitter.com/SophiaLeeHyun/status/1267216604388978689
more videos of cops trying to run over people again

https://twitter.com/the7goonies/status/1266989439160590336
cop kicking someone in the face randomly (she was maced beforehand)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 06:31:46 PM by Aide33 »

you can't have stuff in the city

ive seen many videos on twitter of hundreds of people cleaning up their towns and distributing the looted food and water so its p chill in terms of community organising
This is an important point, and yes I have seen this too and agree with you. I still think it's important to put yourselves in those peoples shoes though. What about the people who've lost jobs because of their business/workplace being destroyed? That's just adding more people to the extremely high unemployment rate.

Burning down government buildings/police stations is one thing (I don't support this but can understand this more from a protesters standpoint) but destroying your own stuff and your own communities? Seems to me like shooting yourself in the foot. Sure it can be rebuilt, but that costs money - and the government has already spent a megaton towards COVID. And with construction often comes road closures, which is just even more inconvenience. There is a domino effect of consequences here that I don't think are being recognized by some.

I guess the question comes down to this; are the consequences worth it? It depends who you ask, and when you ask it. For all we know the consequences could be very negligible. Hard to say until it's over.

Some dudes actually have the audacity to say “it’s just rubber bullets”. Like damn I didn’t know firing a semi-hard projectile through a full cartridge & full length rifle/shotgun wouldn’t hurt.
No stuff LOL, I've been shot with a paintball gun from like 50 feet away and that hurt to high hell and I got a pretty nasty bruise. Can't imagine how painful a rubber bullet would be.

https://twitter.com/SophiaLeeHyun/status/1267216604388978689
more videos of cops trying to run over people again

https://twitter.com/the7goonies/status/1266989439160590336
cop kicking someone in the face randomly (she was maced beforehand)
This stuff is hard to watch. Not really helping their cases at all

No stuff LOL, I've been shot with a paintball gun from like 50 feet away and that hurt to high hell and I got a pretty nasty bruise. Can't imagine how painful a rubber bullet would be.
someone got shot in the eye with a rubber bullet during the protest and it straight exploded

wow i love hearing helicopters right outside my house constantly for 4 hours

This is an important point, and yes I have seen this too and agree with you. I still think it's important to put yourselves in those peoples shoes though. What about the people who've lost jobs because of their business/workplace being destroyed? That's just adding more people to the extremely high unemployment rate.

Burning down government buildings/police stations is one thing (I don't support this but can understand this more from a protesters standpoint) but destroying your own stuff and your own communities? Seems to me like shooting yourself in the foot. Sure it can be rebuilt, but that costs money - and the government has already spent a megaton towards COVID. And with construction often comes road closures, which is just even more inconvenience. There is a domino effect of consequences here that I don't think are being recognized by some.

I guess the question comes down to this; are the consequences worth it? It depends who you ask, and when you ask it. For all we know the consequences could be very negligible. Hard to say until it's over.
I'm not excusing the looting and burning of businesses and most of the organizations in charge of these protests aren't either. I agree it's unfortunate, but alas this is what happens when you push a community to a certain point where it creates the conditions for opportunists.

Pepper balls & rubber bullets, depending.
It was paint rounds is what a news source was saying and there is a slightly longer version of the video where one of the guys in that house got hit with some. It's like green paintballs

It was paint rounds is what a news source was saying and there is a slightly longer version of the video where one of the guys in that house got hit with some. It's like green paintballs
nicolodeon green slime

someone got shot in the eye with a rubber bullet during the protest and it straight exploded
Holy stuff, I'd ask for a link but probably NSFW.

nicolodeon green slime
This is funny but yeah regardless paintballs or not they shouldn't have gotten shot (not trying to say you're supporting them getting shot by the way)

Facebook Live

now there's forgetin aliens???

they came for the pride parade, move along

so this is the land of the free, huh?