worst anime trope

Author Topic: worst anime trope  (Read 1579 times)

i'm trying to compile a list. we need some of the worst anime tropes; the more contrived, the better

5 common ones:

1. coochie plot armor - when the main character doesn't die and suddenly gains god powers because of his friends/person he's protecting shedding a singular tear and doing that one thing where it makes a ripple effect

2. regular plot armor - 'Hey, i'm the Main Antagonist. Looks like you just stabbed me in the liver, and I've been coughing up blood and trembling for like 15 minutes now. It's time I decided to get up, teleport, and slash the main protagonist's entire left side. They won't die either though, because you know the anime has 300 more episodes.'

3. annoying loli - apparently manga writers think that putting in teenage girls that scream like loving banshees and are super pouty/have no personality aside from being physically dependent on the protagonist will get them more ratings. and it does! wanna know why? i don't loving know

4. god weapon - the main character gets hold of a weapon that ultimately is the only key to defeating the villain. then, when they get to the villain, they have a totally normal fight, and get the stuff beaten out of them. UNTIL the main character unlocks the power of thinking/friendship/plot armor and the true power of the weapon is revealed, which is totally broken and is ultimately never explained and can never be topped in the coming episodes

5. gigachad main characters - manga publishers don't seem to want to write in any quirks for any characters. homoloveuals? not in my manga. (they did this to hirohiko araki by the way) people with odd quirks besides being totally insane, kill crazy, or horny (not homoloveual by the way)? don't exist. to top it all off, all anime protagonists are all either teenagers with hydraulic pistons for arm muscles or have the personality quirk of being shy or depressive, which they lose after unlocking their powers but the author desperately tries to write it in by making them almost loving die 20 times

"WhOa I gOt TrAnSpOrTeD tO aNoThEr WoRlD!!!!!"

having an op that doesnt fit the show’s vibe

spending 10 years talking about each other before a fight

guys that look like girls

When it uses an anime artstyle

that stuffty loving anime where the main character is just some loving loser incel and he gains some smart phone and instantly becomes god

spending 10 years talking about each other before a fight
you ever think about how in all those times during bleach/naruto/dragon ball z where the protag could have just cut the antag's head off with one flick of the wrist during the time where the villain is explaining their power which almost always has a weakness they shouldn't reveal

you ever think about how in all those times during bleach/naruto/dragon ball z where the protag could have just cut the antag's head off with one flick of the wrist during the time where the villain is explaining their power which almost always has a weakness they shouldn't reveal
yeah and it pisses me off

like dawg im really about to sleep with all this talking please just kill already

the child enthusiasm