is ACAB mostly an american thing?

Author Topic: is ACAB mostly an american thing?  (Read 2901 times)

like i know it has all in the name but from my very limited knowledge of america, american police and canadian police seem very different.
i talked to my dad (a canadian cop) and he said they are very different, i just want to check tho, i cant find stuff online.

I think cabs are a worldwide thing.

it's really big (or was in the last few years) in western europe. France, Germany, Ukraine, stuff like that.

its an international thing but you could say that disrespecting state authority is more an american thing

ACAB: Ah! Crabs Attack Ballsack!!!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 09:23:10 PM by PhantOS »

all coomers are (loving) brutal

Would private security agencies appointed and funded by their communities be a preferable alternative to police? I remember this being used in South Africa, and I believe it happens currently in Detroit and New York on a low/unofficial level.

Would private security agencies appointed and funded by their communities be a preferable alternative to police? I remember this being used in South Africa, and I believe it happens currently in Detroit and New York on a low/unofficial level.
A good question, but I've never had much faith in the private sector being "humane" with their treatment of people. Not to say that the current police are "humane" either, I just don't think it would be much of an improvement, if not worse.

All roosters, Asses, & Balls

i'd rather a community-owned/demilitarized police service with a civilian oversight committee or something like that. i mean it would be a good solution if it all boils down to having a committee that doesn't defend the police at all cost as a police union does. like you need the policing force but you also need some other organization that has as much control as the police but with sole purpose of making sure they dont step out of bounds in terms of how the police act.

it's a very delicate balance because if you have only the police with no oversight and strong unions you get them acting really brutally as we see because there are no repercussions to their actions besides bad press. Whereas if the oversight committee is too strong you get a police force that literally cant do anything.

the problem with a private-sector solution is the private sector is geared to make profit no matter what and the profit motive doesn't always align with whats best for the community, even if they are hired by the community.

its a worldwide thing. pretty sure the phrase even came from the UK but i could be wrong