train conductor megathread

Author Topic: train conductor megathread  (Read 627 times)

anyways for my birthday  i asked for a vr oculus quest im so excited also i will eat steak

anyways for my birthday  i asked for a vr oculus quest im so excited also i will eat steak
You are not contributing

There’s a conductor on the R line that is by far my favorite. Not sure if it’s the same one someone else already mentioned, since I wouldn’t call him “a delight,” but he perfectly captures the feelings of the average NYC subway rider. His voice is what really makes it too - he has a Brooklyn accent and a unique intonation...I always pictured him as a Bob’s Burgers character. You could just tell that he’s as tired of and fed up with the MTA as everyone else is. We’d be delayed at Bay Ridge Ave almost every morning and he would do a whole lecture: “Ladies and Gentlemen, every single day you hold the doors at this stop. You all know we can’t move if you’re blocking the doors. But you still block the doors at this stop every day. You can’t get on if there’s no room, ladies and gentlemen. I want to move the train and everyone else wants to get to where they’re going but we can’t because you’re blocking the doors. Clear the doors, ladies and gentlemen.”

I’m not doing him justice but hopefully you get the idea. He would do the same thing when we got delayed in the tunnel, basically giving us the rundown of all the BS they’re telling him: “We’re being held by the dispatcher...I don’t know why yet. They haven’t told us why. I’ll let you know when they do........we’ve gotten an update, ladies and gentleman. There’s a sick passenger on the train ahead of us. I don’t know how bad. They should be sending people to check. We still can’t move......Aaaand we are stilling being held, ladies and gentlemen. I know this is not how you want to spend your morning but there’s nothing I can do. That’s the situation.” Etc.

my mom says that we should go out to eat so we are just gonna pick up some steak because of corona virus