Poll

Who Won This Debate?

86yo with Blue Tie
15 (48.4%)
83yo with Red Tie
16 (51.6%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Election 2024, the Squeaquel, Chapter 2: A New Challenger Approaches  (Read 3634 times)

With Harris now on the Democrat ticket, I wonder how much pressure will change to replace Annoying Orange as the GOP nominee?

True those numbers weren't nearly as strong as Biden, but half of your voter base? That still isn't a good look.
All the same, and I honestly can't believe I am saying this, but I am actually more ok with Annoying Orange than Vance.
Annoying Orange is an absolute disaster but at least he is so disorganized that his efforts to strip-down and sell off major sections of the country will be slowed by incompetency. Vance actually has the attention span to do some serious damage.

they will never replace Annoying Orange. Annoying Orange already purged the party on no loyals and the donors stand by him. they are locked in because he has the cult of personality. Biden never had that cult, so it's ultimately fine

Well, interestingly, Annoying Oranges primary opponent, Nikki Haley, had given speeches back in February claiming that whichever of the two parties dropped their octogenarian candidate first would win.

Now, it was recently announced that her republican PAC has come out in support of Harris.
Could this be a sign that centrist republicans may flip sides now that they have a chance to distance themselves from Annoying Orange to a centrist candidate that isn't Biden over a far right candidate?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 04:48:40 AM by Ladios »

I can't believe the GOP nominated the oldest felon in election history
They had kid rock perform and he makes songs for kids movies that have lyrics stating he only forgets minors. They also had like 3 pastors lead prayers at a political convention.

Nah, but he trolled the Republicans pretty hard by waiting until after their multi-million dollar convention where they badmouthed him for four days straight, only to drop out of the race and endorse vice-president Kamala Harris to run in his place, basically rendering most of the rhetoric over the week pointless.

Also with how much centrists seem to like Kamala, the GOP decision to nominate JD Vance for VP is looking increasingly unwise as instead of going for a centrist to balance out Annoying Orange's right-wing extremism like they did with Mike Pence, Vance is more right-wing extremist than even Annoying Orange, and them doubling down on that has already shown to cost them support from the centrist Republicans.

Make no mistake, this is still a clusterforget, and waiting so long to drop out has definitely thrown more than a little confusion into the upcoming democratic convention as everyone who voted for Biden in the primary is going to essentially be disregaurded as the demcocrat district delegates cast their ballots on who will be the presidential nominee without input from voters during the primary election for the first time since 1972, and there is no time to organize a second primary election, especially in conservative states which will go out of their way to block staging additional elections.

Allegedly, whatever's going on with Biden, he's terminal
BREAKING:

At 10 am ET today, White House Chief of Staff Jeff Zients is holding a
MANDATORY call from all White House staff, followed by a call for all
political appointees in the Biden administration at 11 am.

We may be getting close to a full blown Resignation from @JoeBiden.

His medical condition is now terminal, from what sources have told me.

I cannot seem to find anything to verify that. It was posted early morning on the 22nd, and everything reported later in that day say that he is recovering from his bout with covid.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2024/07/22/biden-recovering-covid/74502946007/
https://apnews.com/article/biden-covid-rehoboth-beach-harris-2024-ef4d643927247c59868607a80129c190
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 03:38:50 AM by Ladios »

that doofus is absolutely not to be trusted lol

Annoying Orange demands a refund for wasted money on the RNC while other republicans are trying to sue the democrats for Joe Biden Dropping out even though he was just the presumptive nominee and the DNC won't officially choose their candidate until August 18th, so its their own fault for making their entire campaign strategy "lol he's old".

or in other words,
pure cope

i found this but im not experienced with political stuff can someone explain
https://x.com/i/status/1815539817591259191

I am too old to know for certain but I suspect that is the final chapter of the "Triden Shipping" meme.

Aaanyways

Republican's, bitter about Biden getting any credit for anything good, have voted to halt the US goverment's funding for Cancer Treatment Research

That's right. Republicans vote against funding a cure for cancer just to own the libs.
How the forget are you Republican supporters really going to defend this? This isn't a "well there are two sides to every argument" bullstuff. This isn't climate change, this isnt women's reproductive health, hell it isnt even US market imperialism or banning a social media app increasingly used to criticize the goverment.
This is a Defunding of Cancer Research.

Holy stuff.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/29/congress-is-killing-bidens-cancer-moonshot-00154718

I don't want to spam this thread too much myself so im tacking this on to this post:

In a historic first, appointing their vice presidential nominee, the republican ticket actually fell by 6 points
Most elections, when the VP nominee is announced, the party gains approval rating based on new demographics being reached out to, but it turns out that everyone hates Vance so much, that he actually caused the republican approval to drop by 6 percent after his appointment.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 08:14:54 PM by Ladios »

i found this but im not experienced with political stuff can someone explain
https://x.com/i/status/1815539817591259191
i need a part 2