Author Topic: Popular Twitch Streamer Reckful Has Passed Away Today  (Read 1880 times)

He killed himself today and for those of you who know twitch pretty well, you will know him as the guy who was always on everyone's minds and was one of the backbones for the modern twitch era.  I know everyone hears this over and over again but PLEASE if you are depressed PLEASE talk to someone.

Here is his stream if you want to say some kind words:

https://www.twitch.tv/reckful

i had a pretty bad night yesterday and i was up all night on a mental health discord trying to feel better. we talked a lot about feeling trapped by your own emotions and feeling like no one is there for you when you're silently suffering through a mental illness. seeing this thread broke the forget out of my heart, especially seeing all the 'cringe' and 'delete this' comments on his twitter.

not only did we lose a good one, but he suffered in silence during his last moments. it's heartbreaking to know that it could've been prevented with proper advice or even a Self Delete helpline. sometimes people can slip under the depression radar and we can't even notice their cries for help or let them know that we're here for them in a time of need, and that's the most tragic part.

RIP

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 02:44:25 PM by Nerdy_Nerds »

this is so loving tragic

this is extremely sad and i really hope people start taking mental health more seriously.

RIP.

this is extremely sad and i really hope people start taking mental health more seriously.

RIP.
they won't, people will always hold back on telling anyone because from day 1 everyone is given this image that anyone with any kind of mental illness is a lunatic and a danger to society, just look at how mental patients were treated before the 90s and autism research before 2015. this along with the self-diagnosing losers basically making it harder for people who actually suffer from depression to get anyone to care.

this along with the self-diagnosing losers basically making it harder for people who actually suffer from depression

bruh moment

bruh moment
is this an agreement? because it's an actual thing that's impacting anyone's chances of being taken seriously

because it's an actual thing that's impacting anyone's chances of being taken seriously
first of all no it isn't. secondly no it isn't again. a doctor doesn't have to say something for it to be true. doctors regularly misdiagnose their patients, especially women. not everyone can afford care, and they certainly don't need to do so for the grand privilege of having Nigel The Protagonist on the blockland forum finally consider their condition Real. have you ever taken someone's condition less seriously because someone else said they had that condition and you believed them to be lying? if so, ur an starfish, and also that's like, your problem, not either of theirs

the solution to making people take mental illness seriously isn't to rag on people with mental illnesses that you personally consider illegitimate. it starts with not making (and not consuming) media that portrays them negatively or inaccurately and even more importantly with openly taking them seriously yourself and calling your peers on it when they make jokes or say something stupid about them, even in private

first of all no it isn't. secondly no it isn't again. a doctor doesn't have to say something for it to be true. doctors regularly misdiagnose their patients, especially women. not everyone can afford care, and they certainly don't need to do so for the grand privilege of having Nigel The Protagonist on the blockland forum finally consider their condition Real. have you ever taken someone's condition less seriously because someone else said they had that condition and you believed them to be lying? if so, ur an starfish, and also that's like, your problem, not either of theirs

the solution to making people take mental illness seriously isn't to rag on people with mental illnesses that you personally consider illegitimate. it starts with not making (and not consuming) media that portrays them negatively or inaccurately and even more importantly with openly taking them seriously yourself and calling your peers on it when they make jokes or say something stupid about them, even in private
i never said that i didn't believe anyone because of self-diagnosers. the point i was trying to make about self-diagnosers was that it makes it harder for anyone to take them seriously, as in people are DOWNPLAYING it as either "oh they're just being dramatic and mopey" or "they're probably just doing it for attention", and when someone makes jokes about them being depressed, my first general thoughts are about their legitimacy because im a loving critical person.

the primary reason why i mention the people self-diagnosers is because it's the same mental impact as people who falsely accuse others of rape--once one person does it and forgets over some innocent person, it's much harder to hear about actual legit accusations without thinking in the back of your head: "this person is probably doing it for attention/malicious reasons". I never once said that i would berate anyone who i think is faking their depression. however, people are STILL going to do it and for that reason it makes it even worse for those who actually have it because hateful people are going to exist no matter how much you don't want them to.

you say this until your self-diagnoser winds up dead because nobody took them seriously and everyone went out of their way to invalidate their very real mental issues. anyone who is consistently sad for more than two weeks and/or has thoughts of harming themselves or others is legally depressed, regardless of whether a doctor diagnosed them or they diagnosed themselves.

You literally said "self diagnosing losers"
Is that supposed to be sympathetic? Or is that part of not berating anyone you think is faking their depression?

stop misinterpreting my definition of self-diagnoser, i've made it pretty clear that when i said self-diagnoser, i meant someone who clearly does not have depression and is doing it because it gets them e-rep and sympathy. when i said "self-diagnosing losers" i CLEARLY meant the people faking it, jesus christ i've never went out and insulted anyone who said that they've had depression, it's a serious thing to say.