Anyone notice BLM is only around during election seasons?

Author Topic: Anyone notice BLM is only around during election seasons?  (Read 6694 times)

also "affirmative action" woah cool it with the antisemitism
also if someone could explain this to me that would be epic because i think something got lost in the translation

also if someone could explain this to me that would be epic because i think something got lost in the translation

Probably some handicapped niche meme or he's just acting autistic again

that you think this is why you're missing the point. the year is 2020, it has been 80 years since explicit racism has ended in law, and we still see its presence in our population
[im g]https://i.imgur.com/GUenUPv.png[/img]
^^this is a MASSIVE gap by the way
[im g]https://i.imgur.com/GSnF3XI.png[/img]
[im g]https://i.imgur.com/VF2gL13.png[/img]
[Im g]https://i.imgur.com/wwU5oiS.png[/img]
all while . . .
[im g]https://i.imgur.com/XxETNdI.png[/img]
of forgeten course BLM isn't combating segregated drinking fountains or slavery because we don't face these problems in america. instead we enjoy very significant discrepancies in wealth, pay, crime, discrimination, and poverty as a result of solutions to these problems having been ignored for nearly a century sheerly out of pride and defensiveness. this is systemic racism, and this is what is being protested.
---
re: all lives matter--aide's point is that it's deflection and an attempt to find a moral highground by those saying the same message as BLM, and misconstruing BLM to be supremacy. "all lives matter" is a movement actively opposing BLM, serving absolutely no point but for those a part of it who use it as a vehicle for further discrimination or to keep measures of systemic and institutionalized oppression of nonwhites in place

And if no hard-line laws or legal systems are causing these differences the issue must lie elsewhere.

It's likely to do with the asinine "intelligence == wealth" nonsense that the education system runs into people's minds. The "Got to go to college or you'll live in a box/van" mindset is insane. Like you're damned if you don't get a college degree. But because of its difficulty to obtain people complained and pushed college requirements further and further down. Even, yes, including racial profiling systems to enable people to succeed based on race. You're also damned if you do go to college.

But this ignores the fact that the world is not made up of people who's jobs revolve around college degrees. Trades cannot be learned in a traditional college environment. And alongside that, because of the dumbing down of college, the value of a degree is constantly dropping.

And this is also my forget you to the "Then dont get a gender studies degree LMFAO." handicaps. Getting a job in a growing industry with a degree is insanely hard Because of:
A. Completion growing
B. The value of a degree decreasing as it becomes more common.
C. The value of a degree decreasing as it's reputation becomes destroyed by making it stupid easy to get one.

This has made the differences worse, not better. Seriously, forget the "college or my life is over" mindset. Because the reality is, If you choose college now, and you're not going to an ivy league or an exceptionally well known school, you're not going to get a job. And if you do go to an ivy league school, you might get one, but don't count on it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 03:12:36 PM by Master Matthew² »

And if no hard-line laws or legal systems are causing these differences the issue must lie elsewhere.
it's the lack of legislature preventing it. as money inflates, wage doesn't increase. as higher education becomes a standard, tuition only increases. as the impoverished increase with population, new accommodations aren't formed. there is fair oversight of neither police discrimination nor proper use of studies measuring police presence by community and its elevations or deescalations of crime.
It's likely to do with the asinine "intelligence == wealth" nonsense that the education system runs into people's minds. The "Got to go to college or you'll live in a box/van" mindset is insane. Like you're damned if you don't get a college degree. But because of its difficulty to obtain people complained and pushed college requirements further and further down. Even, yes, including racial profiling systems to enable people to succeed based on race. You're also damned if you do go to college.

it's not nonsense and you're naive at best if you're thinking directly against every possible piece of data you can find.

I'm not saying that there's no class liquidity at all. of course it's possible, just like you striking it rich and moving to a colonial mansion upstate is possible. the point I'm driving is that it's overtly difficult and reduced to dumb luck for if you find the right resources and connections, and the law of our country hasn't changed with the other measures, each making it increasingly difficult to escape poverty. you're absolutely right that a lack of education on opportunities is something at fault for this, but it's not nearly the only thing and there's mounds of data to back it up.
> But this ignores the fact that the world is not made up of people who's jobs revolve around college degrees.
really, it is. you see a series of upstart small scale entrepreneurs who didn't have time drive or money to get an education yet still found success in the deep south--that just doesn't exist elsewhere. you said it yourself, competition increases exponentially, and employers look for the most qualified person for the job, doubling down on people with a college education in the field.
And this is also my forget you to the "Then dont get a gender studies degree LMFAO." handicaps. Getting a job in a growing industry with a degree is insanely hard Because of:
A. Completion growing
B. The value of a degree decreasing as it becomes more common.
C. The value of a degree decreasing as it's reputation becomes destroyed by making it stupid easy to get one.

This has made the differences worse, not better. Seriously, forget the "college or my life is over" mindset. Because the reality is, If you choose college now, and you're not going to an ivy league or an exceptionally well known school, you're not going to get a job. And if you do go to an ivy league school, you might get one, but don't count on it.
?

drydess you're gonna break a world record in mental gymnastics holy ass

you're like "for some reason this boat is filling with water at an alarming, ehh whatever i'll just take this bucket and dump more water inside that should fix it"

show me literally any economic or historical basis as to why affirmative action isn't a valid solution to systemic racism or you're blocked

show me literally any economic or historical basis as to why affirmative action isn't a valid solution to systemic racism or you're blocked

poor people in poor neighborhoods stay poor not because they're minorities, but because they're terrible with money. change my mind.

poor people in poor neighborhoods stay poor not because they're minorities, but because they're terrible with money. change my mind.
lets take something that has hundreds of factors and reasons for being as it is and boil it down to "all the poors are just dumber than me"

this is like looking at the weather and going "the sun causes every single weather phenomenon, and nothing else is a factor, it's obvious"

alright since you want to be that person, go ahead and list every known possible factor down to a loving t. then list every known available system in place that works, and then list the myriad of systems that have failed to get these people into society as working class citizens. go ahead. let's hear it.

thank you for . . . showing me what affirmative action is? worth noting that asian and hispanic american admissions have gone up a lot since 2013 partially due to the lawsuits citing their preferential treatment against asian americans
just to be clear that you're not misunderstanding the graph, it is saying that a black person is 2.1% more likely to be admitted than a white man, and an asian person is 3% less likely than a white person
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:42:51 AM by Drydess »

police get 100 billion in funding.

While everything else gets nothing

thank you for . . . showing me what affirmative action is? worth noting that asian and hispanic american admissions have gone up a lot since 2013 partially due to the lawsuits citing their preferential treatment against asian americans
just to be clear that you're not misunderstanding the graph, it is saying that a black person is 2.1% more likely to be admitted than a white man, and an asian person is 3% less likely than a white person
you do realise white people make up 50% of the population right?

like... you can't think that's actually representstive of the population

i now see that you struggle to argue with me on affirmative action because you do not know what affirmative action is

police get 100 billion in funding.

While everything else gets nothing
I don’t think Tony knows how budgeting works