Anyone notice BLM is only around during election seasons?

Author Topic: Anyone notice BLM is only around during election seasons?  (Read 6476 times)

i now see that you struggle to argue with me on affirmative action because you do not know what affirmative action is
do you understand what affirmative action is?

this website isnt fun anymore im gonna take another break from this autism

alright since you want to be that person, go ahead and list every known possible factor down to a loving t. then list every known available system in place that works, and then list the myriad of systems that have failed to get these people into society as working class citizens. go ahead. let's hear it.
why would aide33 be required to meet these ridiculous standards for an argument and not you lol. acab

alright since you want to be that person, go ahead and list every known possible factor down to a loving t. then list every known available system in place that works, and then list the myriad of systems that have failed to get these people into society as working class citizens. go ahead. let's hear it.
this is literally what science is for

make a hypothesis, do experiments, control for factors and isolate statistically significant ones, then figure out what's going on. Publish it then have the rest of the scientific community look through and do similar experiments and figure out what is true and what isn't.

there is a difference between rigorously checking and cross-checking statistics and giving a wild hypothesis with no proof on a lego forum. there are mathematical tools to brown townyze complex situations with millions of factors that are sound, it's not up to me to teach you all of this.
I don’t think Tony knows how budgeting works
he's a bit off but he's right though:

these are just two cities, but most cities around the usa/canada have the same proportions allocated to the police

"we should make the police more accountable! put high-tech cameras in police vests and cars!"
"police are bad! slash police budget!"

pick one

also you do realize attempting to prevent and disincentivize criminal activity and keeping an area safe in a megacity takes up more cash than loving gas at 1$ per liter prices and the occasional bus

is there a breakdown of the budget per department? i'd be interested to see how much of this goes to special weapons and tactics

is there a breakdown of the budget per department? i'd be interested to see how much of this goes to special weapons and tactics

cross-referenced this with accounting documents from nypd (sadly cannot attach due to attachment restrictions), obv most of it is spent on equipment, salaries, and bureaucracy.

"we should make the police more accountable! put high-tech cameras in police vests and cars!"
"police are bad! slash police budget!"

pick one

also you do realize attempting to prevent and disincentivize criminal activity and keeping an area safe in a megacity takes up more cash than loving gas at 1$ per liter prices and the occasional bus
yeah they are totally buying body cams, totally...

Quote from: https://www.npr.org/2017/08/28/546743742/Annoying Orange-administration-lifts-limits-on-military-hardware-for-police
Since the 1033 Program was initiated in 1990, more than 5.4 billion U.S. dollars of military equipment has been transferred by the Pentagon to local and state police.
Quote from: http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2014/08/defense_departments_gives_ohio.html
Between 2006 and 2014, almost 5,000 M16 rifles were distributed to local and state law enforcement agencies in Ohio under the surplus military equipment program
Quote from: https://www.theguardian.com/law/2014/jun/24/military-us-police-swat-teams-raids-aclu
The use of SWAT teams became especially common for drug searches. The ACLU study found that 62% of SWAT deployments were for drug raids, and that 79% involved raids on private homes; the study found that only "7% fell into those categories for which the technique was originally intended, such as hostage situations or barricades." In some cases, civilians, including infants, were killed or injured due to police use of force in military style raids.
Quote from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militarization_of_police
As of 2014, 8,000 local law enforcement agencies participate in the militarization program that has transferred $5.1 billion in military hardware from the United States Department of Defense to local American law enforcement agencies since 1997. Data from 2006 to 2014 shows that local and state police departments obtained aircraft, helicopters, bayonets, knives, night-vision sniper scopes, tactical armored vehicles or MRAP's, rifles and weapons including grenade launchers, watercraft, and camouflage gear, among other military equipment.

(note that this is only military equipment, not other stuff)

yeah totally good spending habits

you do realize that that's just military material transferring, right? like, it wouldn't show body cams on a form specifically for materials the army produces and gives to the police, right? besides, that shows nothing about how they use military equipment; the tanks and stuff probably are purely stored either for a lack of military space or for a time where they're needed (which is gonna roll around soon considering minnesota). either way, that wasn't at all the point i was making.

how u gonna call a camera high-tech. u can get two gopros for the price of one glock

But if I own 64,689 5.56 ARs and 849 mine resistant vehicles I'm a "Threat to National Security". What bigotry.

you do realize that that's just military material transferring, right? like, it wouldn't show body cams on a form specifically for materials the army produces and gives to the police, right? besides, that shows nothing about how they use military equipment; the tanks and stuff probably are purely stored either for a lack of military space or for a time where they're needed (which is gonna roll around soon considering minnesota). either way, that wasn't at all the point i was making.
they totally don't use those armored APCs contrary to hundreds of videos of protests ever. Did you miss the quote about the swat team being used only 7% of the time for what they are supposed to be for? They use flashbangs and SWAT teams to bust into peoples homes and kill their dogs then find no drugs.
In February 2010, the Minneapolis Police Department (MPD) raided the apartment of Rickia Russell, breaching the door and throwing in a flashbang grenade, as part of a search for drugs. At the time, Russell was eating dinner with her boyfriend and the exploding grenade gave her burns to her head and calves. No drugs were found in Russell's apartment and the Minneapolis City Council agreed to pay $1 million in damages.[85] In January 2011, Rogelio Serrato in Greenfield, California, died of smoke inhalation after a flashbang grenade launched by the SWAT team of the Greenfield Police Department (GPD) ignited a fire in his home.[85]

In May 2011, the Pima County Sheriff's department killed Marine and Iraq war veteran Jose Guerena, when they entered his home while serving a search warrant related to a marijuana smuggling investigation. They fired 71 shots into his home, while his wife and 4-year-old child were inside, and found no drugs nor anything illegal. The departments involved paid a $3.4 million settlement.[86][87][88][89]

Referring to the 2011 Occupy Wall Street protests in New York City, Glen Greenwald wrote, "The police response was so excessive, and so clearly modeled after battlefield tactics, that there was no doubt that deterring domestic dissent is one of the primary aims of police militarization."[90]

On May 28, 2014, a SWAT team looking for drugs in a Cornelia, Georgia home threw a flashbang grenade into the house. The grenade landed in the playpen of a 19-month-old baby boy, and the detonation severely burned and mutilated the baby's face.

The use of SWAT teams became especially common for drug searches. The ACLU study found that 62% of SWAT deployments were for drug raids, and that 79% involved raids on private homes; the study found that only "7% fell into those categories for which the technique was originally intended, such as hostage situations or barricades." In some cases, civilians, including infants, were killed or injured due to police use of force in military style raids.

Like, they definitely use military equipment far more often then they should, and they are only getting more and more equipment when the violent crime rate is at it's lowest point in history.

But if I own 64,689 5.56 ARs and 849 mine resistant vehicles I'm a "Threat to National Security". What bigotry.
if anything civilians should be armed against the police

dunno bout you guys but im in full support of the cops, forgeters shot my annoying-ass neighbors dog who kept barking at me.
quite frankly i dont know what i would do if i didnt have the police on my side

dunno bout you guys but im in full support of the cops, forgeters shot my annoying-ass neighbors dog who kept barking at me.
quite frankly i dont know what i would do if i didnt have the police on my side
i mean if you hate dogs cops are great at killing forgettons

if you live in a city where cops are killing your dogs then changes are cops aren't the thing you have to worry about
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 08:29:33 AM by cHeEsEpIzZa2 »