Author Topic: Police/Laws  (Read 3034 times)

i have a few ideas that could be useful. one make all caps penalty lower, it can be a hard habit to break. Two make it so you can't be jailed while talking to the marshal, some of us(hrmehrm) DO pay our fines. Three LET US GET THE POLICE UNIFORM! Four. make th police guide have a built in criminal's online list. and lastly Four. Let us see how many demerits we have without going to jail.

and to sum all of that up OVEREAGER COPS BAD

You have commited a crime(All Caps)

Is it me?  Or do we not get paid for catching criminals?

Is it me?  Or do we not get paid for catching criminals?

No, we don't. 

i have a few ideas that could be useful. one make all caps penalty lower, it can be a hard habit to break. Two make it so you can't be jailed while talking to the marshal, some of us(hrmehrm) DO pay our fines. Three LET US GET THE POLICE UNIFORM! Four. make th police guide have a built in criminal's online list. and lastly Four. Let us see how many demerits we have without going to jail.

and to sum all of that up OVEREAGER COPS BAD

You have commited a crime(All Caps)

Ok, some of these are good, but others could be flawed.  I think the caps should be based on the same rules as public nudity.  You get one first chance, per day or something, then the rest are demerits.  If your not jailed while talking to the marshal, then real criminals could just talk to the marshal, and never be jailed.  For the police guide having the criminal list, badspot said that this would be too hard for the criminals, because people could always know exactly who the criminals were.  I like being able to see how many demerits you have without going to jail, like maybe a wanted poster in the tavern or around other public places that lets you see who's wanted.  This could also be a substitute for seeing who's wanted in the police guide.

Ideas:

When a criminal is on or just logged on, make it say in Green text (lets cal the criminal "Badstuffz", and is at Log Challenge.
Badstuffz, who has 80 Demerits, is on. He is by Log Challenge.

that or make Alt-C pull up the criminals online list..

Wait! Or just show how many demerits everyone has above their heads under their name... That woudl work

Is it just me, or can I not steal money to actually make being a criminal worthwhile?

If police officers get paid, there would probably be some kind of "tax" to prevent people for spamming accounts for money.

Also, just consider it "voluntary peace keeping" force. However, a lot of cops suck. They sit in the fields, doing nothing, arresting the people who commited minor offenses on accident, spamming spells, and hitting criminals in jail, while ignoring the "real" troublemakers, the scammers, liars, and general no-good doers.

I think that cops should also have a "honor" meter they have to keep full in order to remain a cop, and the way you lose cop status is by spamming spells and beating criminals who are just chatting away in their cells, and then suddenley lose their text and have to click the Ouch! box, sometimes repeatedly.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 05:11:38 PM by Wedge »