Author Topic: is there anything worse than watching a youtuber stagnate  (Read 1321 times)

have you ever watched a youtuber or streamer you like for a while and had the misfortune of watching them sell out or start pandering once they become popular

of course theres nothing really inherently wrong with capitalizing on popularity but holy stuff it's like one of the most painful things for me

theres this guy i've watched for a while now but recently he had a surge in subs and recently hit 1 mil. back then he really just played games and theres this one occasion where a game made him really loving mad and he ended up breaking his tv. now that he has a following now all he's doing is pretending to be mad, having fake outbursts and breaking expensive stuff in an attempt to pander. dude even has a loving youtooz now it's soul-crushing

has this happened to any of you guys

oh yeah this isnt really stagnating since they sucked from the start but rtgame and his endless supply of clones that act exactly like him

wow it's so funny look he's doing the funny thing in the sandbox game for the 895858388685388586th time this week. why are there so many people who do the exact same thing he does, in the exact same way and in the exact same editing style, WITH THE SAME ACCENT

I liked RTGames to begin with but yeah his stuff just got stale. I remember thinking this about Pewdiepie but like 2 years ago his content started getting a lot better.

the entire "science" genre in youtube has stagnated

i think to some extent it's a lil unfair to think of youtubers (or anyone that makes stuff) in these terms. truth is people change, including viewers, and you aren't going to continue resonating with what a creator makes forever, and they aren't gonna resonate with their old content half a decade down the line either. it'll feel stale because you're used to it if it's never changed, and if they change it you might fall out cus you're just not as into it anyway.

there have been tons of artists and youtubers that i've thought of as my "Big Favorites" and then even a few months down the line my interests or theirs have evolved and i just don't feel the same way any more. sad but just how things go. i think that youtube's also kinda made things harder for some people, accommodating Advertiser Friendliness tends to work more destructively toward creative freedom and quality than constructively

the entire "science" genre in youtube has stagnated
thats because theres no more science. you have learned it all and have become more powerful than they ever will be

i specifically mean people who make their content worse for the sake of getting more money

this doesn't make them worse people it just means their content sucks lol

There is one man who has continued to stay amazing in the 10+ years he's made videos and that is EthosLab

There is one man who has continued to stay amazing in the 10+ years he's made videos and that is EthosLab
im convinced every single one of his videos is exactly the same video reuploaded

the man is so consistent he has changed nothing in his formula for 10 years and he still pulls a large amount of views compared to all the dead minecraft youtubers

im convinced every single one of his videos is exactly the same video reuploaded

the man is so consistent he has changed nothing in his formula for 10 years and he still pulls a large amount of views compared to all the dead minecraft youtubers
This sounds almost exactly like Tobuscus

This sounds almost exactly like Tobuscus
do you like my sword sword sword my diamond sword sword

the only good youtubers are people who just upload random stuff and treat the site like the dumping ground of short-term entertainment that it actually is. anyone trying to establish a brand or identity as a "content creator" is absolutely not worth watching, forget outta here with your videos padded to 10+ minutes and artificial presenter persona designed to cultivate a fanbase of 12-year-old ad revenue-generating cash cows.

the true spirit of youtube died the moment people started seeing it as a viable career path rather than a place to upload dumb bullstuff.

do you like my sword sword sword my diamond sword sword
I've unironically owned a shirt of that since the early 2010s

But it's good content, and his current hermitcraft series has some of the best editing I've seen him do so far.