Author Topic: Navmesh / Pathfinding WIP  (Read 15474 times)

Do the nodes save at all? Like similar to how events save?

nodes can be saved and loaded yeah

You have done some amazing work here Crook! Extremely impressive, take a :cookie: for your efforts sir!

This is really cool. I wonder if you can do anything regarding vehicular navmeshes? It'd make bot traffic and bot races actually doable and more sensible than placing zonebricks everywhere.

bump, any updates on this?

i took over the project for the time being look forward 2 Aebaadcodepack official integration

may the force be with you

I haven't worked on anything Blockland related in a while so I'm going to release this in it's unfinished state. the pack does not come with a working AI bot. It requires ShapeLinesV2 and I can't remember what edits I made to it so link lines might be broken. for the sake of simplicity I have disabled some of the link options (speed, weight, slowdown) because they were still being worked on when I stopped and I can't remember if they are actually working. I will include a save file for the manual nodemap I made on afghan. it's got some pretty neat demo stuff.

Chat commands:
/toggleNodeShapes - Show/hide nodes and links.
/nodegun - Equips the nodegun. Press Light to switch between modes.
/commitNodeMap - Creates/updates information that Port's A* algorithm can use. You must do this every time you load or change a nodemap or the path testing tool will not recognize it.

/generateNavmesh - Will generate a navmesh over every brick using quadtrees and then trying to collapse it. Will automatically turn off node/link shapes so it doesn't destroy your computer. I heavily encourage you to manually create nodemaps instead, this algorithm is probably exponentially time complex, meaning maps beyond a certain size will become infeasible to generate mesh for, and the collapsing algorithm is just simply not good enough.

Console commands:
wrath_save("<name>"); - saves nodes to a file located under Blockland/Config/Server/wrath
wrath_rload("<name>"); - loads nodes from a file located in that directory. for example wrath_rload("afghan_manual");
wrath_getClosestNode(%position) - gets the closest node to this position
wrathfinder_newPath(%startNode, %goalNode) - creates a new path between two nodes and returns a path scriptobject containing all the nodes in an array. if there already exists a path between these nodes it will return that instead.

wrath_rebuild(); - clears all nodes and re-executes the addon. I think there's a function somewhere for just deleting the nodes but I forgot what it is. Try not to load/create and then delete too many nodes because it probably wastes memory. Once you're done making a node map you should save it, restart your game, and load it once.

The following code
%AIPlayer.wrath_AIEenabled = true;
%AIPlayer.wrath_stepPath(%path, 0);
Will make a bot follow a path. It's what the path tester uses. I recommend using the built in setMoveTolerance and setMoveSlowdown functions as well to adjust the bot's behavior while walking the path.

Download
https://leopard.hosting.pecon.us/dl/bduti/System_Wrathfinder.zip
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 03:30:12 PM by Crook »

I haven't worked on anything Blockland related in a while so I'm going to release this in it's unfinished state. the pack does not come with a working AI bot. It requires ShapeLinesV2 and I can't remember what edits I made to it so link lines might be broken. for the sake of simplicity I have disabled some of the link options (speed, weight, slowdown) because they were still being worked on when I stopped and I can't remember if they are actually working. I will include a save file for the manual nodemap I made on afghan. it's got some pretty neat demo stuff.

Chat commands:
/toggleNodeShapes - Show/hide nodes and links.
/nodegun - Equips the nodegun. Press Light to switch between modes.
/commitNodeMap - Creates/updates information that Port's A* algorithm can use. You must do this every time you load or change a nodemap or the path testing tool will not recognize it.

/generateNavmesh - Will generate a navmesh over every brick using quadtrees and then trying to collapse it. Will automatically turn off node/link shapes so it doesn't destroy your computer. I heavily encourage you to manually create nodemaps instead, this algorithm is probably exponentially time complex, meaning maps beyond a certain size will become infeasible to generate mesh for, and the collapsing algorithm is just simply not good enough.

Console commands:
wrath_save("<name>"); - saves nodes to a file located under Blockland/Config/Server/wrath
wrath_rload("<name>"); - loads nodes from a file located in that directory. for example wrath_rload("afghan_manual");
wrath_getClosestNode(%position) - gets the closest node to this position
wrathfinder_newPath(%startNode, %goalNode) - creates a new path between two nodes and returns a path scriptobject containing all the nodes in an array. if there already exists a path between these nodes it will return that instead.

wrath_rebuild(); - clears all nodes and re-executes the addon. I think there's a function somewhere for just deleting the nodes but I forgot what it is. Try not to load/create and then delete too many nodes because it probably wastes memory. Once you're done making a node map you should save it, restart your game, and load it once.

The following code
%AIPlayer.wrath_AIEenabled = true;
%AIPlayer.wrath_stepPath(%path, 0);
Will make a bot follow a path. It's what the path tester uses. I recommend using the built in setMoveTolerance and setMoveSlowdown functions as well to adjust the bot's behavior while walking the path.

Download
https://leopard.hosting.pecon.us/dl/bduti/System_Wrathfinder.zip

damn, im sorry brother!

thx for releasing it as it is