Author Topic: (News) Massive ass explosion in Lebanon, fireworks warehouse?  (Read 2542 times)

are you seriously insinuating that basic defensive weapons are equal to highly flammable explosives?

explain to me how lighting a firework can be used to defend yourself

brb gonna make some homemade c4 and blow up an orphanage for fun
are you seriously insinuating that basic defensive weapons are equal to highly flammable explosives?

brain...overload......pshsshshhhhshh

wow thanks for the empty ad hominem argument, you've completely changed my obviously bigoted opinion

I'm only equivocating things that can kill you with things that can permanently injure you. I'll let you figure out which is which, but any gun trainer or range manager will tell you resolutely that the force which a gun exhibits shouldn't be downplayed under any means. frankly, I'm drawing a blank between the difference between legalizing guns versus fireworks except that a gun is more effective and doesn't explicitly damage the environment. what's concerning to me isn't your position on gun rights, as I'm also pro-2a, but rather that you draw the line for what safety risks should and shouldn't be legal at either something /not being lethal enough/, or that you're valuing the environment above human life.
I'm not an expert, but I'd imagine it's something similar to the way in which tear gas can be used to defend yourself

oh boy im unbanned now i can be political on the block land forums again

my point if you're struggling to find it is that you don't think before you post anything and shill for people and ideals whose wikipedia pages you haven't even read

cheezepizza logic: grenade go boom, fireworks go boom. that mean firework dangerous

wow thanks for the empty ad hominem argument, you've completely changed my obviously bigoted opinion
sorey i was trying to suggest that you were missing something and maybe you should stop and think about the past 10 posts

Annoying Orange called the explosion an attack shortly after receiving intel about it :thinking:

Annoying Orange called the explosion an attack shortly after receiving intel about it :thinking:
Oh boy, time to get #WWIII trending again!

Quote from: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/08/huge-explosion-rocks-lebanon-capital-beirut-live-updates-200804163620414.html
The cause of the explosion was not immediately clear. Officials linked the explosion to some 2,700 tonnes of confiscated ammonium nitrate that were being stored in a warehouse at the port for six years.

holy stuff imagine just having 2700 tonnes of ammonium nitrate lying around for six years without anyone caring or noticing.

thats so much explosives holy stuff

When i read about the possibility of fireworks doing this i had my doubts.
For reference, there was a fireworks related explosion in the Netherlands in 2000 (that led to a lot of fireworks regulations being improved afterwards):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTwW-_Orung
While sure, there can be a difference and not all of them will look like that one, this surely looked like an explosion way, way stronger then just a bunch of fireworks.
It even had a damn mushroom cloud, that is really scary.
It is somewhat fascinating to see such an explosion filmed though. Hope the death toll is not too high. :(

If you haven't used fireworks in a self defense situation you haven't lived in the US.

cheezepizza logic: grenade go boom, fireworks go boom. that mean firework dangerous
are you loving stupid? fireworks contain gunpowder, literally the same stuff they used in old timey bombs. the only difference is that in fireworks you have a lot less because of GOVERMENT REGULATION forgettards.

and stop screeching about how "SMH THE MY SMH HE WANTS TO BAN FIREWORKS SCREEEEEEEEEEE" because that's loving handicapped. my stance on guns is the same as my stance on fireworks aka "don't overdo it"

are you loving stupid? fireworks contain gunpowder, literally the same stuff they used in old timey bombs. the only difference is that in fireworks you have a lot less because of GOVERMENT REGULATION forgettards.

and stop screeching about how "SMH THE MY SMH HE WANTS TO BAN FIREWORKS SCREEEEEEEEEEE" because that's loving handicapped. my stance on guns is the same as my stance on fireworks aka "don't overdo it"
Does leather taste good?