Choosing Between Two PCs to Build Assist Me

Author Topic: Choosing Between Two PCs to Build Assist Me  (Read 579 times)

Alright you homos. The time is upon us. I have decided to construct a machine with which to entertain myself on my time off. I need to game. I need to program. I need to multitask. I'll be shooting for 1440p 144hz gaming because IMHO I don't need anything above that.

Alas, I am torn between two concepts. I like the idea of a compact Mini-ITX build to carry between the living room and the bedroom if I feel the need to. The problem with a build like this is the lack of expansion possibilities. Now I don't know if I'll expand. Honestly I don't even know what I'd do with expansion slots? An Audio card? Who the forget needs an audio card? I'll be using a headset anyway.

Or, I can build a behemoth. At the cost of an extra $500-700 I can go for a full mobo in a big fat Sekira 500G (chosen for it's aesthetic likeliness to my current laptop, I do not give a forget about any airflow problems).

Here's the big boy:

This one comes up to $2000~ without the peripherals. The case is loving huge. I was going to shy away from gay RGB lights and stuff but it happened anyway. The space for expansion is fuuuuuuckin hyuge. I could shove an eATX in here if I wanted to. But do I? I guess it's nice to have the option but I probably won't be shoving stuff into a build. I don't buy newer games and I don't really care to. I'm okay with making compromises so I don't care for all the extra stuff. But at the same time, if I was gonna build a PC, whyyyy not?

Here's the midget:

This one tops out at around $1500~ without the peripherals. The case includes the power supply, fans and an AIO for the processor. Again, I don't really care that much about temps I don't do overclocking it sounds annoying. I'd use a blower graphics card because apparently that helps with the airflow in micro ITX builds. I like how compact this. I like the minimalist design. Apparently you can't find an ITX without wifi integrated, which is fine I guess, the option is nice.

Here's the big boy:
some points on the Big Boy:
- you dont exactly need an extra cpu cooler, the included one with the ryzen cpu does a good job itself. keep it if you want absolute best temps but the included cooler is pretty good itself
- ram without rgb is cheaper with the same performance. Just saying
- you should aim for a m.2 nvme ssd, they're super faster then sata ssds for a lil extra cost. samsung's 970 evo plus ssds seem to do great with gigabytes per second speeds in some cases
      - note: use the m.2 slot on your mobo with heatsink to ensure ssd stays cool with heavy tasks
- sound card isnt really needed unless you're really an audiophile (and even then you'd get an external dac instead), a modern motherboard's built in sound is very sufficient
- you may be able to transfer your windows digital license from your current computer through your microsoft account to your new one. if not, windows keys can be found far cheaper then that elsewhere

some points on the Big Boy:
- you dont exactly need an extra cpu cooler, the included one with the ryzen cpu does a good job itself. keep it if you want absolute best temps but the included cooler is pretty good itself
- ram without rgb is cheaper with the same performance. Just saying
- you should aim for a m.2 nvme ssd, they're super faster then sata ssds for a lil extra cost. samsung's 970 evo plus ssds seem to do great with gigabytes per second speeds in some cases
      - note: use the m.2 slot on your mobo with heatsink to ensure ssd stays cool with heavy tasks
- sound card isnt really needed unless you're really an audiophile (and even then you'd get an external dac instead), a modern motherboard's built in sound is very sufficient
- you may be able to transfer your windows digital license from your current computer through your microsoft account to your new one. if not, windows keys can be found far cheaper then that elsewhere

Ah okay. I wasn't sure this one came with a fan, I didn't see it on the box. And I guess I can scrap the sound card.

The RGB is for the aesthetic it's gotta stay

If you're mostly gaming it might be worth it to consider Intel due to increased per core performance and clocks. Comet lake isn't as bad as their previous gens in terms of price/performance. you do lose PCIE 4.0 but that won't matter if you're running PCIE 3.0 at x16 (GTX 2080 Ti doesn't even fully saturate it).

go with ITX. IMO there's not much need for additional slots from a bigger form factor when a decent itx board will have everything built in (audio, LAN, wifi, m.2)

new nvidia cards are coming out soon (rumoured september), I would strongly recommend going EVGA so you can take advantage of their step up program to upgrade to a 3000 series card

and as said above, I strongly recommendbthe main drive is m.2 nvme

With an ITX board I would need a usb hub, I plan on having:
1) RGB mousepad
2) Wireless headset
3) Mouse
4)... hm wait stuff you might be on to something

buy prebuild from walmart
it can satisfy all your gamer needs  and your weird special interestes making you cum all over the keyboard or something what the forget is wron
g with you

If you haven't bought anything yet, respond to my DM, I help people choose PC part lists all the time on different tech Discords

buy prebuild from walmart
it can satisfy all your gamer needs  and your weird special interestes making you cum all over the keyboard or something what the forget is wron
g with you

no

If you haven't bought anything yet, respond to my DM, I help people choose PC part lists all the time on different tech Discords

aight