Lucifer is a terrible show

Author Topic: Lucifer is a terrible show  (Read 437 times)

I started watching it and it has this extremely awesome premise

However, I couldn’t get past the first 20 mins. because:
-Camera work is terrible

-Editing is worse than Bohemian Rhapsody (which is saying something)

-The lead actor has a ridiculously horrible British accent (worse than Benedict Cumberbatches American accent)

-It’s presented in the least interesting way possible

However, I watched the first episode of a show with a similar premise called “The Devil Is a Part Timer” and that was pretty fun

my dad watches it a lot and its so. loving. annoying. worst part is how it reads like a cringe-ass fanfic from a 12 year old who's dad just doesn't understand

the actor for dan changed like 3 times but kevin alejandro will always be mi amore
only ever got into the first 1 1/2 seasons of it. watched it before it was cool though and can confirm that the hype (and netflix) obliterated it. tom ellis is adorable though don’t talk stuff
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 01:02:25 AM by Drydess »

I watched the whole first season out of boredom and I absolutely feel you. it's boring, the character himself is reeeally annoying and corny "oh he's so hot because he says different word oooh aaah forget me instead of paying me ooooh" hate that stuff, and the characters just feel like white bread.

spoilers

however I will give them this, the idea of someone being declared deceased and then not seconds after they die, they live again, only to be revealed to have lost any and all sanity for being in hell for all of 3 seconds, doing everything in their power to stay alive was a neat idea.

OH another thing like this was Dexter for me I got into it because the story itself was nice but the first time I heard dexter talk and he was this overly edgy "blood is my wine. I cannot live without it. Behold unto me, a monster. a sinner a-"etc etc it was so annoying. meanwhile he looks like a loving melvin. also he talks like this throughout the entire show throughout internal monologues.
watched the entire loving series though.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 04:00:21 AM by CM1107ProjectInfinium »

I watched through the whole thing because I'm a whore for "romance" but I'd readily admit if I weren't hyper focused on seeing Lucifer and the Detective knock boots I'd loving kill myself watching it