Author Topic: police bots  (Read 1112 times)

So i've been trying to make police officer bots that attack a player which assaulted another bot.
I played around with different bot events for the last few days and can't get it to work.
I want them to only attack the player who attacked the bot not make the policemen just enemies to all players.
Any help would be appreciated.

you'll need to script it, default bots are stuff

You could try setting the bot team on nuetral it worked for me a long time ago

You could try setting the bot team on nuetral it worked for me a long time ago
i've attempted this and the police only respond if i attack them not when i attack the other bots

All the bot teams have to be neutral as well

thank you so much i can't believe i made this dumb mistake

turns out this doesn't work i don't know why it doesn't work but the weird thing is if i attack one of the police men instead all of the police men attack me but when i attack a normal bot who's on neutral team they don't care it's weird

I dont know how far away are you when you attack? most of the time  if you are far away and attack they dont care

i've discovered that the police won't care unless the civilian bots actually have some sort of item so i gave him ammo from an addon and now everything works fine

i've discovered that the police won't care unless the civilian bots actually have some sort of item so i gave him ammo from an addon and now everything works fine
Bot's who are opposing someone usually run away if they have no weapon, if you set them to netural they just wont attack until they have a reason to treat you like an enemy.

What I would do though considering you're going for police bots, I'd just make a custom team for them being the police, and if they're I would make the events go like this: OnBotDamaged > Bot > SetTeam > (Enemy) Police.

I'd do that if they're clearly not attacking anything, but if you have any other bots or players in the area that clearly didn't do nothin wrong and get attacked you'll need to solute that problem by fixing their team to go back to being neutral.