Author Topic: Have we made Badspot sad at his own creation?  (Read 2549 times)

Do you think that we are so forgeted up Baddie resorted to draw stuff? With all the drama, School "youknowwhats" DMs, nudes, political stuff, dudes loving a animal plushie saying that it pleasures him better than a real woman?

Do you think Blockland would've been like any other game if it didn't attract 14 mental ill teenage boys when it was retail?

I think Badspot was glad he made a game that got him some reasonable money but at the same time angry he was made de-facto nurse/caretaker/god-emperor of a bunch of sperg autistic 12 year olds who had their cringy ass coming of age stories here (myself included).

I think Badspot was glad he made a game that got him some reasonable money but at the same time angry he was made de-facto nurse/caretaker/god-emperor of a bunch of sperg autistic 12 year olds who had their cringy ass coming of age stories here (myself included).
To be fair, he doesn't have to be the tard-wrangler if he doesn't want to, he could pull the plug at any moment. The only reason he hasn't yet is probably because upkeep is cheap.

its not badspot's obligation to control the people on the forums, if there were more moderators then there could be more control over the handicaps but that's never gonna happen

badspot is like steve  buscemi in spy kids 2

I mean honestly, I wouldn't doubt it, considering all the wacky ass stuff that happens on this forum/game, and the generally toxic community.
Do you think that we are so forgeted up Baddie resorted to draw stuff? With all the drama, School "youknowwhats" DMs, nudes, political stuff, dudes loving a animal plushie saying that it pleasures him better than a real woman?

You also cant forget about the other forgeted stuff that's happened around here, like the whole sephiroth guy shooting up a school back in like 2017, that time somebody forgeted up the BLF in summer 2018 and it ended up being taken down for a few days, only for people to forget stuff up with avatars and have badspot take them away for a good month iirc, the whole may 2 key compromise that lead to the demise of regular blockland keys, servers getting DDOS'd and probably a ton of other crap that's happened, that's just the stuff I can recall off the top of my head. I dont know much about what goes down on other servers because I prefer to stick to my own server most of the time.

Do you think Blockland would've been like any other game if it didn't attract 14 mental ill teenage boys when it was retail?
Probably, If it got popular in it's early days, It could have been a decent competitor to classic Roblox, considering it might have had an advantage over Roblox due to the mod support, and interiors and terrains.

I feel like the whole community would have taken a much, much different direction if Badspot led things a little differently.

Gamedev makes a richard post, people think "Oh, being a richard is cool!". They be a richard, other people are like "You're cool man!", but if you step over the invisible boundary of being overly richard-y, you could get banned. It became a system of richard-reputation, and was started by example. It went like that for many years. I've never seen another forum/gamedev situation where the developer responds to his forum in such an absurd way.

Being a little more strict about stuff and leading a good example would have changed the direction of this forum many years ago.

-Example Pic-

« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 04:02:11 PM by tony-0222 »

You remember that time badspot told that kid if he killed himself in times square, no one would care?

i think that was the point i realized he truly doesn't give a forget in any regard. like stuff, this forum is or was home for a bunch of autistic spergs. kalphiter, furling, sephiroth, blaziken, furdle, to name a few. i can see why he holds some contempt for the game and forum, especially after terrain was removed. i won't lie, i was apart of that backlash, but only because some of my most prized and memorable builds were made useless, but like many i got over it.

I feel like the whole community would have taken a much, much different direction if Badspot led things a little differently.

Gamedev makes a richard post, people think "Oh, being a richard is cool!". They be a richard, other people are like "You're cool man!", but if you step over the invisible boundary of being overly richard-y, you could get banned. It became a system of richard-reputation, and was started by example. It went like that for many years. I've never seen another forum/gamedev situation where the developer responds to his forum in such an absurd way.

Being a little more strict about stuff and leading a good example would have changed the direction of this forum many years ago.

-Example Pic-

Consider the fact where Badspot is from originally IIRC he used to be a regular on /v/ and if I get that wrong Badspot has all of the rights to smite me for that. It's not surprising what this community has taken after even if part of them come from reddit.
(similarly enough Notch was also a regular on the /v/ board as well)

You remember that time badspot told that kid if he killed himself in times square, no one would care?

i think that was the point i realized he truly doesn't give a forget in any regard. like stuff, this forum is or was home for a bunch of autistic spergs. kalphiter, furling, sephiroth, blaziken, furdle, to name a few. i can see why he holds some contempt for the game and forum, especially after terrain was removed. i won't lie, i was apart of that backlash, but only because some of my most prized and memorable builds were made useless, but like many i got over it.

I feel like the half of the community (making up 200 people total) have either moved on or just stopped caring. But also part of that group is still bitter and hold a grudge for Badspot for probably eight years going forward. But I do hope one day they would eventually get over it though it's very iffy.

I'm watching a kiwi farms archive video about this place and it got me to come back and check it out. The reality is that anything Badspot would have made would upset him, he's a tortured artist of sorts.

He may not like this place and what it's become but he also hasn't nuked the stuff out of it. Despite its imperfection, the forum is like a massive work of art. A fetid, stuff filled, seething work of art. How could an artist just destroy their own art? It's part of them, it comes from their soul. There are literally thousands of posts on this forum about eregores, tulpas, wizardry, politics, loveual drama, the balance of life and death, deep discussions about everything and anything you could ever imagine. All if this born from a game about virtual lego building blocks augmented by an impressive, unique event based pseudo-programming system. All of that wouldn't have been possible without Badspot injecting his own personality into the forum culture. Had he stepped back and been more corporate in his forum dealings the game could have been like Roblox, it could have made stufftons of money, but it didn't. It stayed his, it stayed a part of him, all because that was the path he chose for it.
In all honesty, I don't think Badspot is saddened by his own creation. I think he's probably secretly proud of it, though I doubt he'd admit it. Who would?  :cookieMonster:

I'm watching a kiwi farms archive video about this place and it got me to come back and check it out.
Welcome back, even if it's brief

In the end were all fans of his game and we'll be sad if he's ever gone

Maybe someday we'll get another Mailbag post  :panda:. In any case, the man can do whatever the hell he wants.

Maybe someday we'll get another Mailbag post  :panda:. In any case, the man can do whatever the hell he wants.
he is legally obliged to serve us it's his personal hell by watching us bicker and never learn from our own mistakes.