what's your favorite/most hated trope or cliche in media?

Author Topic: what's your favorite/most hated trope or cliche in media?  (Read 871 times)

asspulls like the mc gaining some random ability that allows them to win instantly

my most hated is in horror or thriller stuff when an antagonist's motivations are never given any insight or explanation solely because "oh he's just crazy". LUNATICS loving HAVE MOTIVATIONS AND REASONS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

i dont have a favorite, they're all usually a nuisance and only hurt the piece of media

main character forgets up

cue literally everyone they know looking at them shamefully, shaking their head, shunning them

zero stakes or danger to the stuff the movie characters are doing

99.99% of the time, you know the main character and their friends are gonna live and be happily ever after hahaha xd boring
at least most dystopians aren't like this but they kinda have the opposite problem

the ending of ozark season 2
The entire show, which also isn't filmed in the ozarks and has that loving bullstuff color filter, I don't know about you but real life isn't a constant blue color

When remakes completely misinterpret what made the original film great

absolutely hate the trope where two friends end up splitting apart at the climax and they both end up having "an awakening" that brings them together when it's most convenient. it's done in every single movie and they always write in some half assed petty reason as to why they split apart