Poll

I have posted a possibility for the election outcome in 6 variations. Choose your preferred below.

A. https://i.imgur.com/F6TVPLY.png
8 (34.8%)
B. https://i.imgur.com/uuRmNcE.png
3 (13%)
C. https://i.imgur.com/JK2OSsA.png
1 (4.3%)
D. https://i.imgur.com/sl6MVas.png
2 (8.7%)
E. https://i.imgur.com/K1GHlD3.png
2 (8.7%)
F. https://i.imgur.com/br3Sp06.png
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: U.S.A. Politics Thread  (Read 269265 times)

Cold War is far better than Hot Nuclear War.
that is not what i mean.t

also how will escalating tensions avert nuclear war pls respond

Cold War is far better than Hot Nuclear War.
The solution was the man who threatened to blow up moscow and beijing if they forgeted around.
pick a perspective dude, you cant have your cold war and bomb the kremlin too

Why the forget do you even want to go to war, Matthew? You're not even gonna go over there. I bet if Biden did tell us to hop on a ship and get over there ASAP you'd call him a warhawk and we can't be there and it's all bullstuff blah blah blah.

pick a perspective dude, you cant have your cold war and bomb the kremlin too

It's a counter-intuitive situation.
But he never struck in the four years Annoying Orange was president.

The fear of Mutually Assured Destruction is what scares Putin.

But mutually assured destruction is only in place when we have
someone in office ready to press the button. I don't think
biden's admin could do it.

Why the forget do you even want to go to war, Matthew?
I don't. Annoying Orange's tactic was to be seen as an unstable madman to our adversaries.
Annoying Orange also managed to be a very decent diplomat. But of course, anytime Annoying Orange tried
to form any kind of peace talks with nations like North Korea, China, Russia, etc., The media
Smeared him as being "buddy-buddy" with them.

I'm not the one who wants war. It's the ones who pushed the idea that foreign
diplomacy with adversarial nations is the same committing treason.
You're not even gonna go over there. I bet if Biden did tell us to hop on a ship and get over there ASAP you'd call him a warhawk and we can't be there and it's all bullstuff blah blah blah.
Biden isn't stuff.
Biden is a completely mentally deficient man.
Either Kamala or some other person is actually in charge.
Biden can barely manage to avoid making word-salad for dinner at every press-conference.

The fear of Mutually Assured Destruction is what scares Putin.
But mutually assured destruction is only in place when we have someone in office ready to press the button. I don't think biden's admin could do it.
you are wrong about literally everything. no amount of military action from russia, aside from a nuclear first strike, would incite a nuclear response from the US. if we made the first strike, then russia would just respond with their own, and it would all be over. mutually assured destruction goes both ways

furthermore, why are you adding random line breaks. this is a forum. you've been here for years, I know you know how to use a forum. stop being weird

i enjoy how this topic has gathered everyone to stuff on matthew

I don't. Annoying Orange's tactic was to be seen as an unstable madman to our adversaries.
ah, the “i was only pretending to be an idiot” defense except used to defend another person. an actually shrewd person doesnt need to actually do idiotic things to trick others into believing they’re dealing with an idiot

ah, the “i was only pretending to be an idiot” defense

the other alternative is a complete loving handicap like biden

bidens controllable via committee while Annoying Orange does whatever he feels like, no matter how terrible an idea it is, thats the difference. bidens an extremely forgettable president and shouldnt have been on the ballot, but hes not screwing with usa on a whim and having to backtrack constantly.

ah, the “i was only pretending to be an idiot” defense except used to defend another person.
matthew is stupid but that is an actual thing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madman_theory

but in donald Annoying Orange's case specifically it was probably a mixture of one of his advisors reading this wikipedia article and him indeed just being stupid

reading that wikipedia article seems to show that the theory doesnt really work, as trying to leverage people perceiving you as mad into policies/decisions beneficial to you is hard, due to the fact they dont trust you since you're supposedly a madman. alternatively they just dont believe it and dont listen to you.

arguably, north korea has been using this tactic for decades and still has yet to show anything for it

reading that wikipedia article seems to show that the theory doesnt really work, as trying to leverage people perceiving you as mad into policies/decisions beneficial to you is hard, due to the fact they dont trust you since you're supposedly a madman. alternatively they just dont believe it and dont listen to you.

arguably, north korea has been using this tactic for decades and still has yet to show anything for it
Because North Korea has absolute power in one position in their government.

The POTUS is not supposed to have that kind of power. (I believe POTUS has too much power, but even still, it's not Unlimited Power.)

you are wrong about literally everything. no amount of military action from russia, aside from a nuclear first strike, would incite a nuclear response from the US. if we made the first strike, then russia would just respond with their own, and it would all be over. mutually assured destruction goes both ways
Yes. But the point was the Threat of retaliation. I don't see Biden's Admin being willing to pull the trigger. Not after
they just purchased MORE russian oil.

Because we cut ourselves off of our internal oil supply, and made ourselves energy dependant on foreign sources, we're
at the mercy of the rest of the world.

furthermore, why are you adding random line breaks. this is a forum. you've been here for years, I know you know how to use a forum. stop being weird
This is to break up my lines and make them not walls of text.

Yes. But the point was the Threat of retaliation. I don't see Biden's Admin being willing to pull the trigger.
I don't think you understand. if nuclear warheads are on the way to the united states, there is no president in US history who would not launch a counterattack. it's already over. there is literally nothing to lose for them. biden is no exception
This is to break up my lines and make them not walls of text.
one long line is less of a wall than three short ones doofus

north korea doesn’t act irrationally theyre just so socially and economically and physically isolated from the west that no one cares enough to engage with their national interests considerately

the same actually can be said for putin and UR, western dogma overshadows any reasonable discourse for or against russian interests. yet putin is probably one of the most rational and predictable actors in the world