Hosting without joining

Author Topic: Hosting without joining  (Read 2048 times)

How can I host a server without actually joining the server?
I want to host on one computer and join on the other.

you have to host a dedicated server. read up on how to do so in the latest development topic in the development board

I know how to host, it's just forcing the game open every time I start to host

my parameters are -dedicated -steam -gamemode <gamemode> -dtoken <token>
or
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Blockland\Blockland.exe" -dedicated -steam -gamemode xyz -dtoken xyz

I'm plugging the parameters into a shortcut of the games .exe file

My goal is to host without having to be in the game. When I close my game it closes the server.

Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Blockland\Blockland.exe" -dedicated -map skylands -dtoken abc123
-steam parameter is not needed for the dedicated cmd

if you’re doing it right, the dedicated server should be a headless blockland console (no game client/game window). if steam detects that as the game is running, using steam to stop the game probably would stop the server, so if you open a separate blockland client, quit via the ingame escape menu or by closing the console associated with the client

Tbh I use this for hosting dedicated servers, I originally used this before the key leak situation happened just to host dedicated on steam, cause there never was originally a, way as far as I'm aware. This was the only way I managed.

Tbh I use this for hosting dedicated servers, I originally used this before the key leak situation happened just to host dedicated on steam, cause there never was originally a, way as far as I'm aware. This was the only way I managed.
CLI users like me got used to the headless window. does this even work after the steam-only update?

CLI users like me got used to the headless window. does this even work after the steam-only update?
Probably not unless it has some features for passing in extra command line flags. For dedicated server hosting, you need to specify the correct -dtoken and -blid flags when starting the server.

Probably not unless it has some features for passing in extra command line flags. For dedicated server hosting, you need to specify the correct -dtoken and -blid flags when starting the server.

What is the -blid flag and what does it do? Sorry if this is a silly question, I know what a BLID is obviously but I have never used the -blid flag so I am curious as to what it's purpose is

if you have multiple blids attached to the same account, specify which one to host under

There is a bug in the auth server which will cause a dtoken/blid mismatch if there is more than one blid associated with your steam account and you try to host with one other than the first assigned in your dtoken list. The -blid flag overrides the blid that the server will use, which prevents the issue from occurring.

Works for me still, but I don't really recommend it all that much.

There is a bug in the auth server which will cause a dtoken/blid mismatch if there is more than one blid associated with your steam account and you try to host with one other than the first assigned in your dtoken list. The -blid flag overrides the blid that the server will use, which prevents the issue from occurring.
Ah, okay. Thank you for the clarification.