Netflix facing criminal charges in Texas

Author Topic: Netflix facing criminal charges in Texas  (Read 645 times)

As much as I think that this case has a good chance of going nowhere, god I love my state for at least attempting to hold Netflix accountable.

ok now do something about the fact that texas has the second highest rates of child marriage in the country

ok now do something about the fact that texas has the second highest rates of child marriage in the country
Just did some research on that, ew. Though it seems that Texas actually is taking steps to stop this, https://www.huffpost.com/entry/texas-bans-child-marriage-law_n_594402a4e4b06bb7d272b673, but it still hasn't taken the final step like Delware was the first to https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/2018/06/15/texas-must-eliminate-this-troubling-loophole-in-its-child-marriage-law/. Hopefully Texas can be the second.

legit, wtf? whats with the difficulty/delay in closing loopholes over child marriage? and why did it take them till 2017 to ban child marriages, ignoring the fact they specifically left the loophole in? this is honestly really forgeted

legit, wtf? whats with the difficulty/delay in closing loopholes over child marriage? and why did it take them till 2017 to ban child marriages, ignoring the fact they specifically left the loophole in? this is honestly really forgeted
I know, right? Seems like something that definitely should have been done a long, long time ago. How has stuff like this only been implemented in Delaware entirely, Texas partially and the rest of the country not at all? There's even loopholes still present in the UK and Canada.

I know, right? Seems like something that definitely should have been done a long, long time ago. How has stuff like this only been implemented in Delaware entirely, Texas partially and the rest of the country not at all? There's even loopholes still present in the UK and Canada.
its really forgeted tbh

It's usually easier to bring in a law than to remove one.
Like my home state had a law that allowed people to legally kill Mormons that wasn't removed until like the late 80s