Author Topic: Friend on Mac.  (Read 2076 times)

Yes, I know "Mac is dumb and he shouldn't use it."

Please, only legitimate help. My friend uses a Mac PC, and wants to play this game with me. Though, on steam there is no official supported Mac version. Any way to get around this?
I'd love to play it with him, and he doesn't have the money to drop on a windows PC.

theres an authentication bypass thing you can install on servers you host so that mac users can join. besides that and lan parties there isnt any other option

theres an authentication bypass thing you can install on servers you host so that mac users can join. besides that and lan parties there isnt any other option

THanks man, any idea on where to find the authentication bypass?

i dont think its kosher to share here, you can contact me thru discord. Im on the BCC, as well as many others (including the people who wrote the mod)

current solutions based on my experiments with macos catalina:
-crossover (trialware version of wine, a windows compatibility layer, with custom tweaks e.g. the ability to run 32-bit windows programs on 64-bit only macos), managed to run steam + blockland without much issue. i plan to eventually test this on the m1 chip
-virtual machine (virtualize windows 10 in vmware fusion), worked but with obligatory performance hit
-boot camp (dual boot windows with macos), basically guaranteed to work without problems but having to reboot the system to switch operating systems is fairly inconvenient

late update: it has been done (crossover)

fps fine at first but gets real low once loading in acm city