2 Instances of 1 Server

Author Topic: 2 Instances of 1 Server  (Read 1503 times)

I launch my dedicated server as usual, it works fine BUT two identical servers appear in the server list, one of which I cannot connect to. What's the deal?

Also 1 other thing: I cannot start Blockland via Steam if the dedicated server is running. I suppose Steam assumes the server itself is the game and won't launch the actual game because it thinks its already open. Is there a way around this?

follow the instructions on this development post to generate a dtoken and use it to host dedicated servers

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=325891.0

follow the instructions on this development post to generate a dtoken and use it to host dedicated servers

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=325891.0
That's what I did. Can I only host one server with one dtoken? Like every time I restart I need to make a new one?

the dtoken persists - its like an old blockland key that can only be used to host. you need to make sure you start your dedicated server with that key with the command arg -dtoken token so it doesnt require steam to authenticate.

the dtoken persists - its like an old blockland key that can only be used to host. you need to make sure you start your dedicated server with that key with the command arg -dtoken token so it doesnt require steam to authenticate.
Yeah I did everything with the dtoken correctly, I was just confused why there was 2 servers. I'm guessing it was the singleplayer one I was in before I started the dedicated server, which is strange because it stayed on the server list for a very long time. I think its fixed now

Singleplayer servers don't appear on the master server, if you hosted alone on a passworded authenticated server then yes it will appear on the masterserver even after you shut it down. It'll eventually refresh and just go away. I encourage that if you do plan on hosting dedicated that you just do that and not host directly after hosting through your client. Otherwise, it just complicates joining the dedicated server since the old client one just sits there for a bit before going away.

if there’s 2 instances on the master that means the port changed and/or IP of where it’s being hosted (not by if it’s a dedicated server or a hosted one directly)

if you didn’t do anything UPnP(if enabled) might of done this