gaming mouse broke

Author Topic: gaming mouse broke  (Read 3182 times)

Keep your stuff charged then
again, an inconvenience (regardless of how small and how many weeks/months it lasts)

I'd say most people dont have the desk setup to have a wire that doesn't get in the way. Flicks feel awful when tethered if you don't have a bungie.
obviously speculation and subjective, but i have to hard disagree on both. unless your tower is a crazy distance away from your mousepad. that one scenario, where the tower is so far away from the mousepad that the cable cannot reach it with sufficient slack, is the only scenario where a cable has had any negative impact on me. given i've only seen that a handful of times (mostly in shoddy settings like a poorly maintained school library) i'm going to conclude that is rare, not the norm.

I suppose it depends on where your wire is leading. Anything that’s set up where the weight of your wire is pulling down on the mouse (like if a tower is lower than your desk), nothing short of “gaming mice” are you going to get good cabling that is flexible enough to keep up. I understand you need slack in order to get the best out of cabling, but there are plenty of circumstances where you have to put effort in to set it up for any kind of meaningful performance. If you have your tower on your desk or extremely close to your peripherals, now you have to either cable manage, or not give a stuff and leave it messy, which will present its own issues since it’s connected to the mouse. I’m trading the convenience of zero wires connected to the mouse for just a literal iota of effort to remember to charge or replace my batteries at a frequency that’s absolutely negligible to positive workflow. They all have simple systems that tell me their battery, so I have no excuse to not check. And that’s only a part of the bigger reason why wireless is better in my eyes, which is having that total and unimpeded control over your mouse.

also came here to say g502

I'm reading that mouse has a lot of double click problems

I suppose it depends on where your wire is leading. Anything that’s set up where the weight of your wire is pulling down on the mouse (like if a tower is lower than your desk), nothing short of “gaming mice” are you going to get good cabling that is flexible enough to keep up.
i will agree that a decent cable on the mouse is a necessity. if it's stiff then that will negatively affect the experience as well. i don't think i've personally bought a mouse with a bad cable but i have experienced them before.

but a G502 for instance (which i've been using for quite a long time without any double-click problems) has a fantastic cable, so there are no worries there.

i own g502 and  ive never had any double clicking

i just use a wired mouse
gaming mice with buttons on the side seem alien to me
i don't like wireless mice because of battery recharging and the chance of losing the mouse or the responder

gaming mice with buttons on the side seem alien to me
it depends on what kinds of things you do. for me, i have problems with wrist+hand strain, especially when playing MMOs, and having a numpad on my mouse helps that a lot. even just having two macro buttons or whatever is nice for having binds like discord mute at the ready

i never had the g502, but my previous logitech mouse definitely did get some double click issues (i think it was actually a g302), and that's why i had to replace it. no issues so far with the g600 tho!

here to say that the g502 wireless is the superior option. charge lasts like 2 weeks and you only have to plug it in for like 20 minutes to get it back to full charge. latency is nonexistent. love that it doesn't have a cable that i have to forget with

my g402 had a bad cable and i had to have it in exactly the right sort of coil for it to not tug on me. i am pretty sensitive to tugging though. the slightest bit of resistance was unacceptable to me, so maybe you're different. so sensitive to that sort of stuff that i can feel the minute differences in texture on my mousepad too lol

the thing about batteries that you must consider though is that if they aren't replaceable, you will have to replace your entire mouse eventually. lithium ion batteries do not have infinite lifespans and they degrade over time based on how much you cycle them. since the g502 wireless battery lasts 2 weeks, it takes 2 weeks to cycle its battery which means it will have a very long lifespan (in comparison, a laptop might go through 1 cycle every day or two based on normal use. laptop batteries usually degrade to 80% capacity at around 300 cycles). however, despite the long lifetime, it will eventually degrade and you will either have to find out a weird way to replace the battery inside of it or get a whole new mouse if you want to continue using it wirelessly
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 06:36:20 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

I'm reading that mouse has a lot of double click problems
i've had one for 3 years now, never had this issue.

I was thinking this because it's cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WPSNJV7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A34RX3S8QI1SWB&psc=1
that'll suck since it has a repurposed office mouse sensor in it

if u need cheap, then the Redragon M721 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XNQBFMF would be solid, has a proper sensor in it that won't suck

that'll suck since it has a repurposed office mouse sensor in it

if u need cheap, then the Redragon M721 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XNQBFMF would be solid, has a proper sensor in it that won't suck
The M901 is more what he would want, it's pretty good too.

The M901 is more what he would want, it's pretty good too.

I dont play many MMOs I dont need a numpad

I dont play many MMOs I dont need a numpad
go with the redragon m721 then yo

sidenote: am handicapped when i said the pictek had a bad sensor, turns out it has a PMW3327 in it, which is a pretty decent budget sensor, though the redragon m721's PMW3335 is a smidgest better comparatively