online schooling

Author Topic: online schooling  (Read 1512 times)

hows it treatin' ya? my school website went down as i was taking an online exam

i was a gamer and a senior right as covid hit, so between spring break and end of may was basically an extended summer break for seniors in my school. work was optional, aka it couldn't hurt ur grade no matter what, only improve it, so it was a cakewalk the last few months until grad

having hearing the horror stories of it tho, glad i didnt have to go through it

i miss in-person classes. all my online classes are legit copy-pasted word for word from khan academy and other free services

loving sucks for a college student

good because i don't need to take a 40 minute bus ride to class

bad because of the several hour long instruction videos

Agreed literally dropped out the day covid hit I'm not going back till it's over.

Currently trying to re-enroll in college and Im in hell trying to get straight answers on if im enrolling for online school or not. Wont let me tour the loving school on the other side of the country either.

Agreed literally dropped out the day covid hit I'm not going back till it's over.
would've done the same but I'm on a schedule

Its awfull
My motivation went out the window
I barely follow any classes anymore
My average dropped from 85% to <60%
ready to kms

Its awfull
My motivation went out the window
I barely follow any classes anymore
My average dropped from 85% to <60%
ready to kms
less time posting "cute" femboy pics on a lego forum more time studying maybe?

Main problem for me is inept professors who don't know how to manage the online software that tracks due dates, so things that are supposed to be due two days in the future are suddenly due now, or not listing them at all, and burying the assignments under 3 submenus to be actually found causing things to fall through the cracks, and my GPA to suffer.

burying the assignments under 3 submenus to be actually found causing things to fall through the cracks
this 100%
nothing is hyperlinked together so you have to click through a dozen different menus to find the information you need

also for some reason none of my online classes have their overdue policies listed anywhere because the syllabus is split into 8 different documents??

unrelated: my web design professor used his Ragnarok Online avatar instead of a photo of himself on his introduction.

i have the best grades ive ever had

i learn a lot more when i can rewind and replay classes and go down my own rabbit holes.

extremely helpful to me because I am someone who learns on their own instead of having someone talk to me for hours

i really miss the human interaction though, college life is fun