Cryptocurrency thread & projects I think are interesting

Author Topic: Cryptocurrency thread & projects I think are interesting  (Read 1319 times)

Hi everyone, what a nostalgia trip it is looking back at a core part of my life that has eluded me until now.

Does anyone here hold crypto or trade it? Since the pandemic and the fact that central banks across the globe are printing money through bonds at an exponential rate, Im thinking the newer generations have less and less chance of creating wealth for themselves. Inflation is being suppressed by skewing statistics and the gap between the haves and have-nots is increasing at an alarming rate. Last year most countries and banks lowered their interest rates to tiny amounts, some even choosing negative interest rates, so it seems that traditional methods our parents and grandparents had for securing their future are not viable.

You've probably heard of bitcoin as it's the frontrunner with the biggest market cap, did you know that the entire crypto ecosystem has now surpassed 1 Trillion dollars? This is a lot of money but also a drop in the bucket in relation to the larger deritvates market that occurs globally. There is still a vast amount of new money to flood in to this ecosystem. In my opinion, I think the new monetary platform for payments will be built using blockchain technology such as central bank digital currencies (CBDC's) and subsequently, cryptocurrencies that use this foundation. Just a few days ago the US Treasury OCC, the largest US banking regulator green lit banks to use this technology: https://www.occ.gov/news-issuances/news-releases/2021/nr-occ-2021-2.html

So what does this mean for the entire crypto ecosystem? If you were around for the 2017 crypto fiasco you might be cautious to jump in now, however there are a few reasons this is different, one of the most important being new money is coming from retail and not consumers.
https://news.bitcoin.com/here-are-the-top-public-companies-that-have-adopted-bitcoin-as-a-reserve-asset/

Holding assets other than fiat currency (precious metals, crypto, stocks, houses, etc) seem to be a better way of protecting your wealth against the oncoming wave of "modern" monetary theory ahead.

There are some projects I've found which seem very interesting, and the biggest factor that has impacted my feelings on them include:
- What are they trying to solve
- How they could be engrained in society in the next few years
- There current partners & roadmap
- Market Cap

My favourite project that i have found is Energy Web Chain (EWC) and the token that is used to power the platform, Energy Web Token (EWT).

Energy Web Chain is a non-profit organization trying to decarbonize the planet and push renewable energy globally. This sounds like a pipe dream initially however the project has some HUGE partners across the world which are already validators on their platform. Just check out their partners page to see what im talking about: https://energyweb.org/work-with-us/our-affiliate-ecosystem/

Im not good at explaining, but I believe that true confidence in something or someone will only come from within, so id recommend searching and reading about this project to really understand what its trying to solve.

Link to all the AMAs: https://hsvgts.medium.com/new-to-the-energy-web-foundation-here-are-all-the-amas-in-one-place-for-your-convenience-68e26031aceb
Link to Energy Webs Medium page: https://medium.com/@energywebx
Link to EWC telegram (you can ask for help here!) https://t.me/energyweb

Retail money moves a lot different from consumers like the majority of us. They plan ahead and will only invest in something if they are sure it nets them a long term profit. The globalists have decided that now is the time to push renewables and this will only slingshot Energy Web Chain further. https://www.utilitydive.com/news/biden-outlines-2t-plan-to-invest-in-renewables-electrification/581637/
I believe that the private and public companies will be using the Energy Web Chain to build their own platform on top to manage their electric grid, amongst a plethora of other IoT devices (Think wind turbines, batteries, transformers, all connected to the EWC blockchain)

Energy Web Chain is in my opinion, one of the most interesting projects I found last year. It is currently trading around £5.40 (around 7 dollars) but may move higher in the coming months due to more announcements from EWC. As there is a price to this i want to stress that this is not financial advice! Im not a financial advisor and am not telling you how to invest your money. I'm not sponsored or endorsed by EWC. This is just a person on the internet sharing what he thinks is interesting, you must take the leap yourself.

I really think that Blockchain will be entwined in the next steps for humanity, as it can solve so many socioeconomic problems as well as humanitarian issues. If you bothered to read all of this thank you for taking the time and id highly recommend doing some further research on cryptocurrencies as well as EWC. Id love to hear your thoughts on anything monetary/crypto related! Thanks!!

P.S when did the forums change to this? I don't remember simple forums, it feels much slower, or maybe that is my nostalgia tinted glasses (:

you're getting scammed bro

the problem with bitcoin in the end is that it has no backing government to give the currency legitimacy. at any moment, services that take bitcoin could just stop taking it, and theres no way to redeem its value then. its not widespread enough to make it practical for use either.

its fun if you like what’s essentially gambling, but saying with any certainty the value will go up is unfortunately purely wishful thinking. spend only as much as you’re willing to lose on investing in this stuff

ive worked at one of the big name companies in the crypto space and ill tell you this:

blockchains are dumb because no ones gonna trust your all knowing worldwide blockchain based state machine to settle mortgage contracts between home owners.

its nice to have like, smart contract based loans but literally no one will use it until some kind of trusted government entity starts using it.

trust me, i've seen literally hundreds of those stuffty decentralized projects get vaporized overnight because literally no one will use them

forums changed due to exploit in the previous version or something

hope you like shades of blue-ish gray

actually, it just reached stage 3 of its evolution

etherum has jumped up there in the past few months

you're getting scammed bro

Something about a horse being led to water.

the problem with bitcoin in the end is that it has no backing government to give the currency legitimacy. at any moment, services that take bitcoin could just stop taking it, and theres no way to redeem its value then. its not widespread enough to make it practical for use either.

its fun if you like what’s essentially gambling, but saying with any certainty the value will go up is unfortunately purely wishful thinking. spend only as much as you’re willing to lose on investing in this stuff

Hey Conan! Hope you're doing well glad to see you're still kicking around (: How are you getting on?
I think the adoption of Bitcoin and ultimately cryptocurrencies has already past the point of no return though. There is a race happening because companies & public entities will have the first movers advantage accepting Bitcoin/Crypto and building on top of the blockchain. Traditional banks will suffer as a result, and it ties in with corporate game theory.

There will always be a way to extract the value of it as there are too many nodes globally to ever shut it down. This will still entice new users to the system and new developers who wish to build projects that create value.
I agree with you are saying that there is no certainty with the value, there is no tangible way of knowing this. It is the same with stocks & the more traditional index fund saving, its not a guaranteed return. I guess one of the things that pushed me into learning more about this was the fact that there are less and less chances of becoming financially stable now. And yes you're definitely right you shouldn't ever overextend yourself or invest more than you can afford.

ive worked at one of the big name companies in the crypto space and ill tell you this:

blockchains are dumb because no ones gonna trust your all knowing worldwide blockchain based state machine to settle mortgage contracts between home owners.

its nice to have like, smart contract based loans but literally no one will use it until some kind of trusted government entity starts using it.

trust me, i've seen literally hundreds of those stuffty decentralized projects get vaporized overnight because literally no one will use them

Its all about control though. I don't see a utopian world where blockchain and crypto is running everything in a decentralized manner, it is instead a power struggle between the controllers of the current financial system and the new technology that has sprung up. It will not be an "all knowing blockchain" because the average person will never get to see the blockchain. It will be centralized and controlled by the entities that want to keep their power.

The constant is that there will still be hundreds of stuffcoins and vaporwave projects that crash overnight, the difference now is that there are actually government partners and public companies working with crypto projects which will be rolling out soon. If you want the most blatant example, Chinas central bank is issuing a government backed cryptocurrency based on their Renminbi. There are plenty of other examples of western & developing nations doing similar things.

forums changed due to exploit in the previous version or something

hope you like shades of blue-ish gray

actually, it just reached stage 3 of its evolution

I miss the darker shades of blue although i cant really remember what it looked like anymore!

etherum has jumped up there in the past few months

Yeah you're right, and with much more flexibility and more projects being built ontop of Ethereum it has a stronger use case than Bitcoin in a lot of aspects. The DTCC (Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation) settles securities and over $2 quadrillion every year. If that number isnt hurting your brain I dont know what will! They mentioned that they are investigating and building a project to aid them in their settlements on the Ethereum blockchain. https://www.coindesk.com/dtcc-securities-capital-markets-distributed-ledger-technology