Author Topic: Help with Procedural Terrain Generator  (Read 4761 times)

Is there any way to get relatively smooth / rolling terrain? No matter what seed I use / settings I adjust I only seem to get aggressively spikey hills with no flat areas...

And by flat areas I don't mean the flat building areas that can be enabled which literally look terrible, I mean in terms of smooth rolling terrain

Have you treid the flatlands terrain type

And by flat areas I don't mean the flat building areas that can be enabled which literally look terrible, I mean in terms of smooth rolling terrain

afaik the gsf ghost terrain generator doesnt really work well - you'd be best off generating a section of terrain then editing it to suit your needs. and squib means the flatlands preset which reduces the aggressiveness of hills iirc.

afaik the gsf ghost terrain generator doesnt really work well - you'd be best off generating a section of terrain then editing it to suit your needs. and squib means the flatlands preset which reduces the aggressiveness of hills iirc.
I tried flatlands, it literally just generates an infinitely flat plane of bricks.

But your other point is what I'm coming to realize... the generator is super unrealistic and extreme. Are there any better ones you'd recommend?

But your other point is what I'm coming to realize... the generator is super unrealistic and extreme. Are there any better ones you'd recommend?
You're beign really sassy here; the generator works fine, you need to tuen around with the settings a bit more. I've made perfectly fine, smooth terrain using the PTG and it didn't require any guide or anything just simple usage of the GUI.
I.e. this is generated terrain I made last week:

You're beign really sassy here; the generator works fine, you need to tuen around with the settings a bit more. I've made perfectly fine, smooth terrain using the PTG and it didn't require any guide or anything just simple usage of the GUI.
I.e. this is generated terrain I made last week:

Could you tell me which settings you used? No matter what seed I set or sliders I adjust I always get extreme terrain...

No matter what I change I always get the same end result of extreme terrain

You need to put the Noise Control Height to a lower setting in the advanced menu. Or if you have a custom biome theres also a setting for it on the biome detail menu. Also you can change mountain height with Z-Snap Mult. and Z-Multiplier in the features menu