SpeedKart Remastered Project - New Video! (Pg. 4)

Author Topic: SpeedKart Remastered Project - New Video! (Pg. 4)  (Read 8093 times)

BTS fun fact: There was a coloring glitch related to missing textures where the color of the windshield would become the opposite of the painted color
Now the question is, what do you guys prefer ? Keep that glitch on the Cruiser Kart? Or keep the normal windshield that doesn't change color?

As long as you can see through the wind shield

I believe the effect is only on the outside

That glitch looks awesome! There is a workaround to fix that, though.

That glitch looks awesome! There is a workaround to fix that, though.
It was just the glass texture that I forgot to add before we hosted that time.

Yes you can, but the windshield is under your eye sight in first person so it's fine.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 02:18:39 PM by Filipe »

does that glitch only work on transparent meshes cause it would be sick on opaque parts of some karts

does that glitch only work on transparent meshes cause it would be sick on opaque parts of some karts
I don't think it does sadly, to enable the subtractive option which makes it reversed, I need to also enable translucent in the DTS Exporter.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 08:44:42 AM by Filipe »

I don't think it does sadly, to enable the subtractive option which makes it reversed, I need to also enable translucent in the DTS Exporter.
So it doesn't need to be a non-existent texture, it just has to be a transparent texture with subtractive translucency? Or does the lack of a texture still somehow add to the effect?

So it doesn't need to be a non-existent texture, it just has to be a transparent texture with subtractive translucency? Or does the lack of a texture still somehow add to the effect?
The idea was to make a tinted window, it's a technique that Barnabas teached me, so it uses two glass meshes, one that is the standard translucent and one that is subtractive to give that darker window tint effect, both uses materials of their own, but if the subtractive one lacks the material file, it changes color like you saw.

Lowkey that would've been neatly aesthetic to keep that bug...

Development Update (04/05/2021):

Hello everyone, we have some new tracks that are we working recently thanks to very talented members of the team.

A Tropical City like track being made by AlexK198

Block Fort by NightHawk, it will be a sumo arena for Karts.

And a Rio de Janeiro inspired track by Corpora1Bird.

And more to be revealed shortly, so stay tuned!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 08:34:27 PM by Filipe »

New Karts! Wagon and Truck by Nighthawk, and Bumper by Speedist.