Author Topic: Will Blockland ever have internet playability without steam ever again?  (Read 1874 times)

I just liked playing with a friend over the internet with a code I bought. Will non-steam internet connectivity ever return?

Unless Badspot can come up with a new key, or 'key-like', system that can't be exploited the way this one was, it's very unlikely

This may or may not be helpful at all because I assume you originally played on community provided servers with your friend;
but this may still be helpful for other individuals in a similar situation.

I know it's stupid that you'd have to do this but if it's better than not being able to play at all, or buying another Steam copy, you could try using a third party application called Hamachi or a similar VPN service. You could use it to host a LAN that both of you connect to and would, in turn, allow you to host an in-game LAN server that would essentially bypass the master server thus no longer requiring key authentication because it's technically not an 'online' game.

I haven't personally used the application in a very long time, but from what I've been able to accomplish in the past it should still work while being fairly user friendly and simple to use.

You aren't just limited to you and your friend, anyone that has access to the LAN should be able to play too. For Hamachi specifically, I don't recall if there's a limit to how many clients you can have or if it all costs money now.

I cannot quite remember exactly how I got it working in the past but I do know it's possible. Heck it might even work right out of the box without any tricky business.
If I had a friend available at the time of typing this, I would've tested the concept again and wrote out a guide of how to do it. I may come back with that but no guarantees (short on friends and short on time hehe)

Best of luck!

I haven't personally used the application in a very long time, but from what I've been able to accomplish in the past it should still work while being fairly user friendly and simple to use.

You aren't just limited to you and your friend, anyone that has access to the LAN should be able to play too. For Hamachi specifically, I don't recall if there's a limit to how many clients you can have or if it all costs money now.

I can help fact-check this since I used it not long ago when I wasn't able to port forward for some odd reason.

Yes you can still use hamachi free of charge but it comes with a limitation, however, you can bypass this limitation by making multiple groups since they're only limited to I believe 5 total operating systems and not pay a single dime. It still worked for me but nobody likes having to use hamachi, and it doesn't make sense to continue playing the nonsteam version anymore in my opinion. You can snag a copy of the game for like $2 on steam when it goes on a big sale, take advantage of that.

third party application called Hamachi or a similar VPN service.
Yes you can still use hamachi free of charge but it comes with a limitation
i havent personally used it myself but ive heard zerotier one is a far far better alternative to hamachi, without the dumb restrictions and users dont have to sign up at all unless they want to host