Imitation crab: better than the real thing

Author Topic: Imitation crab: better than the real thing  (Read 1278 times)

I know this may seem like an extreme opinion, but imitation crab is better than actual crab.

Imitation crab for one, very very cheap. Not to mention its a little bit sweeter. Definitely a welcomed taste. Both products have similar texture, with a slight one up going towards imitation crab. While real crab definitely is not bad, cold real crab is absolutely disgusting. It is actually revolting. Something about the flavor of crab really seems to disappear once the temperature drops. Cold imitation crab? I can eat just fine.

Another thing about real crab. You have to work for that stuff. You aren't even guaranteed a satisfying full piece of limb because of how difficult it can be sometimes opening the shell. Then you get micro shell razorblades embedded into your skin. Not fun.

This thread goes out to imitation crab. Not loaded with a ton of harmful stuff, just a nice fishy crabby snack for a fourth of the price.

i dont like seafood sorry

thats something a seafood hater would say

imitation crab is the hot dog of seafood

Another thing about real crab. You have to work for that stuff. You aren't even guaranteed a satisfying full piece of limb because of how difficult it can be sometimes opening the shell. Then you get micro shell razorblades embedded into your skin. Not fun.
it's all part of the experience

i don't remember ever having real crab, just imitation in sushi or something

crabdogs?

Thats exactly what I call it!

Hotdog of the sea™

made with real stork*

*less than 1% stork meat

Probably also has less microplastics than the real thing.

imitation crab is grose, i prefer the real thing (crab legs at the chinese restaurant the best)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 07:50:53 PM by Goth77 »

How is it gross. It is literally better tasting crab

How is it gross. It is literally better tasting crab

Whatever it may be, good or bad, it's literally not better tasting crab.

Sorry but it had to be said.

Youre out of your mind. Don’t get me wrong crab is good but hating imitation crab is sacrilegious

imitation crab is just fish. ur posting about fish sticks bro