14 (25%)
modding
12 (21.4%)
community
11 (19.6%)
building stuff
19 (33.9%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Why did you keep playing Blockland?  (Read 4425 times)

I keep hearing about how one of the biggest reason this game is losing players is due to the terrible retention rate. So for the rest of us who've been here for years, what made you decide to stay? If you can remember, what motivated you to open the game a second time after buying?

Personally, I was into the virtual lego thing. Especially since I played the demo quite a bit, I kind of already knew I'd enjoy the game. Also, boss battles.

i just played to hang out and enjoy minigames

It's still fun and easiest to make add-ons for compared to even the Source Engine/Gmod or Roblox, and you can still build aesthetically pleasing stuff in this game that you can't really get with other games

i still enjoy experimenting with static maps, and building cities with my friends.

It's still fun and easiest to make add-ons for compared to even the Source Engine/Gmod or Roblox, and you can still build aesthetically pleasing stuff in this game that you can't really get with other games
blockland modding has the beautiful simplicity of "throw a few assets and/or scripts into a .zip and the game will automatically load it"

rising lava is still hosted so it's fun to hop on that server and hope another soul visits you.

also brighter dark tends to host some good servers from time to time too

because i like building in lego

plus i still got a few projects i am involved in to complete

blockland modding has the beautiful simplicity of "throw a few assets and/or scripts into a .zip and the game will automatically load it"
this

still love making gamemodes when im not busy playing other games

I just want to see how many silly features I can add onto VCE. I don't know why but I think it helps my sanity. Also there are some games I like to play but I doubt they will be hosted again any time soon.

I think we're getting the same vibe here with everyone, but in my case, it's a great starting platform for content creation and expressing yourself with mods. Plus the idea of being together building legos is sometimes a nostalgia trip.

P.S. we veterans never wanted to leave....

I have a strong connection with Blockland, it started all the way back in 2008, it's game that opened a lot of opportunities for me and it made me improve my english, learned how to do video editing and 3D Modelling, and I made a lot of great friends and memories along the way. I don't like to see the state the game is today, with the devs abandoning it, specially after the promisses of "With the V21 update we'll get more constant updates for the game" which never happened sadly, so I believe we as a community can change that fate, and make Blockland a more active game again if we combine our skills and create new content.

i pop in once and awhile to see what people are doing, morbid curiosity really

I still find ways to enjoy it