Going on a vagrant holiday

Author Topic: Going on a vagrant holiday  (Read 3492 times)

Anyone watch Vagrant Holiday?

Basically some dude gets super cheap flights or trainsurfs to completely random parts of the world with $800 worth of equipment and spends as little money as possible, only for food and emergencies. Sleeps in the woods/parks/abandoned houses in a sleeping bag. Tours the cities he visits during the day.

How hard can this be? This seems extremely fun. I always wanted to travel Europe.

good luck with that today

its possible, just try not to get caught

bring an extra pair of socks

a pair of socks can become a pair of gloves in a pinch

A pair of gloves can become water storage containers in a snap.

I might do this first from my home state. Cargohop and see where I end up. I could end up in California or Texas or Utah, or maybe not even in the US. The mystery is the fun part.

A pair of gloves can become water storage containers in a snap.
water storage containers can double as a toilet in a sticky situation

I might do this first from my home state. Cargohop and see where I end up. I could end up in California or Texas or Utah, or maybe not even in the US. The mystery is the fun part.
do you want to get tetstar fish and die in an empty train car. cus this is how you get tetstar fish and die in an empty train car

do you want to get tetstar fish and die in an empty train car. cus this is how you get tetstar fish and die in an empty train car
if hobos can do it so can I. Earplugs are cheap

get a radio

Careful on trains, one wrong step while the train is moving and you'll be sucked under the train and end up on a gore website.  Also, Union Pacific is super strict when it comes to train hoppers and they will call the police who will be waiting for you once the train stops.  Good luck!

if hobos can do it so can I. Earplugs are cheap

Can't speak for BNSF but Union Pacific locks empty train cars and you have to see where the cars are coming from because 10 times out of 20 the empty cars go out east to the midwest to get refilled with grain.  Boxcars are usually filled with things like pallets, beverages, etc., at a hub near a port. I think they do it mainly in California but I am not too sure as UP has a ton of hubs near ports. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 04:36:00 PM by OfficerKenny »

Tats true. I've done a bit of research onto freight hopping.

From what I've read, getting caught usually does not constitute a felony unless you become autistic with the cops. Not that I intent to get arrested or anything.