Defenitive Film Making Thread - Techniques, Resources and Discussion

Author Topic: Defenitive Film Making Thread - Techniques, Resources and Discussion  (Read 5606 times)

Do you add anti-aliasing in post, Alex?

Do you add anti-aliasing in post, Alex?

usually when rendering, depending on the bitrate it automatically adds very slight blurring to the whole video

the anti-aliasing is done as i record using reshade

In my experience, ReShade can't tell the difference between 2D UI and 3D polygons, so the AA just blurs everything

Depending on your GPU, you can usually use your graphics card's control panel settings to enable or enforce AA on certain games, such as Blockland, so the 3D game world will have aliasing, but the UI will be untouched and not ruined by fake ReShade's AA

In my experience, ReShade can't tell the difference between 2D UI and 3D polygons, so the AA just blurs everything

Depending on your GPU, you can usually use your graphics card's control panel settings to enable or enforce AA on certain games, such as Blockland, so the 3D game world will have aliasing, but the UI will be untouched and not ruined by fake ReShade's AA

as far as i know, from what i saw in my own little tests, reshade does a good enough job to provide the AA as so, the only downside being the text in chat being unreadable but it still does a good enough job that suffices at least for my personal uses, my purposes may not apply to everyone but im happy with my results

i wish there was a newtonian orb addon, the camera is nice but the orb still controls like a magic ufo that flips from 0 to 100

i wish there was a newtonian orb addon, the camera is nice but the orb still controls like a magic ufo that flips from 0 to 100
https://bl.kenko.dev/Add-ons/Retail/Client/Client_NewtonCamera.zip

although i usually do this in post, the ability to roll and pitch the camera would be great for some shots not to mention the ability to make an orb go up while looking forward, mostly just asking for the gmod camera in blockland

mostly just asking for the gmod camera in blockland

That would make filming a lot easier.

you can get a lot of good effects done with the actual environment settings as well as in post. arguably it'd look better in post

the only effects i can definitely suggest using are anti aliasing effects such as FXAA or SMAA, and maybe an effect that sharpens the shots

excluding the soft shaders, this is the raw footage from one of our videos we are making. with only FXAA, SMAA and Vibrance with an environment to suit our needs

nothing done in post production, all from in-game as well as some reshade
May I ask what shader pack you are using? The one I have looks a little softer but In a bad way. Would like the look you have.

May I ask what shader pack you are using? The one I have looks a little softer but In a bad way. Would like the look you have.

i use legopepper's soft shaders since they look very good whilst keeping the FPS high above 60

i would use ports ultra soft shaders but it causes my fps to dip down below 30 fps with bricks around

can u read
?

when turned on ur camera orb rotations are newtonian

if you mean movement you can actually slow that down iirc via $camera::speed or something like that. has to be set on client and server

Hey I like this thread and it reminded me- I know this is 5 years coming but would anyone be interested in me finally finishing my tutorial?

I've had this nagging me in the back of my mind for some time. Instead of making it a series I just planned on doing one more video in the series and calling it the "definitive guide to blockland machinima." Obviously all of the methods of creating are available and 8bit's tutorial is pretty comprehensive too, but I'd feel better knowing I finished my project and everyone could see the process I use (as a semi-proffessional who actually ended up going to school for videography)

Hey I like this thread and it reminded me- I know this is 5 years coming but would anyone be interested in me finally finishing my tutorial?

I've had this nagging me in the back of my mind for some time. Instead of making it a series I just planned on doing one more video in the series and calling it the "definitive guide to blockland machinima." Obviously all of the methods of creating are available and 8bit's tutorial is pretty comprehensive too, but I'd feel better knowing I finished my project and everyone could see the process I use (as a semi-proffessional who actually ended up going to school for videography)

i was planning sometime in the future to get around to making a tutorial on how to make a blockland machinima but i never got around to it due to other things getting in the way

i would probably put the time in to make a pretty comprehensive but also idiot proof tutorial for anyone wanting to make machinimas in blockland

More tutorials are always welcome, especially if the older ones are starting to become outdated in any way