za vaccines

Author Topic: za vaccines  (Read 2229 times)

it's getting to the point where getting vaccines are now a real possibility

i never thought it'd be possible until deep into summer, so i'm underinformed

i'm pretty sure i'll get it, but i'm still questioning myself about it (most likely moderna) cause of so many differing opinions and beliefs

anybody else got the vaccine? planning on getting it? which one? or not?

Literally walked into my local CVS (less than a mile away) and got Johnson and Johnson for free. Worst that happened to me was a day where I was a little feverish and achy.
EDIT: Which is pretty much to be expected considering they rolled out this vaccine in a matter of about a year, so I'm not that upset about it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 06:18:16 PM by bloody jumper »

I think the leading brands of the vaccine is Moderna and Pfizer, didn't Johnson and Johnson's have some problems in the past though? I don't know if they're still trust worthy

i got pfizer (both shots) and didnt suffer side effects

first dose of moderna just gave me a sore arm
second dose forgeted me up for rest of the day and the day after: chills, headaches, and the feelings of heart palpitations

A friend of mine got his first shot of Moderna, and his second shot was a double dose of Johnson & Johnson. He felt like stuff and my friends and I made fun of him and called him Vax Man. Don't be an idiot like him haha

I think the leading brands of the vaccine is Moderna and Pfizer, didn't Johnson and Johnson's have some problems in the past though? I don't know if they're still trust worthy
I think 8 people got blood clots from J&J that's about it

i got my first shot of moderna and felt almost nothing. have yet to receive second shot. my boyfriend got both of his shots already and they kicked his ass with flu-like symptoms. my mom says it's worse for him because he's white lmao.

A friend of mine got his first shot of Moderna, and his second shot was a double dose of Johnson & Johnson. He felt like stuff and my friends and I made fun of him and called him Vax Man. Don't be an idiot like him haha
isn't the j&j vaccine a single-shot one and a different mechanism than moderna and pfizer??? i thought you're not supposed to mix those. seems wrong to have a different brand for first and second shot.

moderna and pfizer are mRNA-platformed vaccines. they inject an RNA 'messenger' that 'infects' one of your healthy cell's RNA (not DNA) to produce the spike protein without the actual virus. it's similar to how an actual virus works, but without the actual virus... or something like that
j&j is something else. probably injecting deactivated coronaviruses or something but i dunno. i've heard it's single-shot but only off-hand

it's not known how long the immunization lasts (months to a few years?) or whether it truly prevents infection or just reduces the effects to the point of non-severity

something rather annoying and probably due to quick development is how it really has unique effects to each person... like a game of chance

moderna and pfizer are mRNA-platformed vaccines. they inject an RNA 'messenger' that 'infects' one of your healthy cell's RNA (not DNA) to produce the spike protein without the actual virus. it's similar to how an actual virus works, but without the actual virus... or something like that
j&j is something else. probably injecting deactivated coronaviruses or something but i dunno. i've heard it's single-shot but only off-hand

it's not known how long the immunization lasts (months to a few years?) or whether it truly prevents infection or just reduces the effects to the point of non-severity

something rather annoying and probably due to quick development is how it really has unique effects to each person... like a game of chance
the difference is that usual vaccines use a vector disease like the common cold that has been modified to include DNA that the cells transcribe into mRNA then it creates the "docking point" of a virus like covid so that your immune system can bind to it.

some vaccines use live viruses where, as you said, its a weakened covid virus that is injected but they remove the part that rapidly duplicates itself so it can spread.

The downside of all these methods is you have to grow and tend to viruses in labs then edit them, this can be extremely dangerous and its pretty hard to mass produce. For example, some vaccines use literally 1 chicken egg per dose to grow the viruses. They then centrifuge the egg parts out but some particles make it through sometimes. This is why a lot of vaccines have exemptions for people who have egg allergies.

mRNA is cool as stuff because it skips all these weird ass ways to make vaccines, all you have to do is synthesize a bit of mRNA which is easy as stuff to do and scale. It also skips the DNA transcription and host virus so the efficacity is boosted through the roof. It's also incredibly easy to modify and adapt for future strains because all you have to do is forget with the mRNA until it matches the mutated spike proteins and you can technically grow anything inside someone using mRNA instructions.

not to mention it completely avoids any kind of vaccine shedding or any chance that a live virus wouldn't be deactivated properly.

it truly is a marvel of science and an incredibly effective way of giving people high immunity (even if we notice that the immunity lasts only for like a year, the fact that covid wont be able to spread as fast will make it die out pretty fast)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 06:24:45 PM by Aide33 »

I was a little disappointed I didn't turn into a lizard.

Got J&J single dose. Sore arm, mild flu the day after, foggy the day after that. Then I got some really nice stimulant kinda feeling, felt absolutely wired, I kinda attribute this partially as me being happy I finally got the shot but other people said the same thing online. The flu symptoms were mild as I didn't get a sore throat.

Overall 10/10 now i feel good knowing I'm not one of those pusillanimous individual ass bitch nay sayers.

Then I got some really nice stimulant kinda feeling, felt absolutely wired, I kinda attribute this partially as me being happy I finally got the shot but other people said the same thing online

Hope y'all all remember to go get your Prozium shot next year :cookieMonster:

i've had only one pzfizer dosage so far, my parents have had the astra-whatever-the-forget vaccine.
my colleagues were offered the US approved johnson and johnson and most of them went ill pretty quicky the next day. was pretty funny seeing them ill for the day after.