Author Topic: Why does the search function loving suck?  (Read 1727 times)

What happened to the old one?
Why doesn't it search properly? Am I doing something wrong?

It's always been bad in my experience, but now you can search inside of threads while viewing one, maybe try using Google with 'site:forum.blockland.us'

What happened to the old one?
Why doesn't it search properly? Am I doing something wrong?
It only searches from the category you are currently in (eg addons, drama). If you search from the root forums it will be spotty. I have had no problems searching in the correct topic for a specific discussion. If you accidentally go into say,  drama, and search for a addon, dont be surprised when you get no addon downloads.

used to be where you'd search in the search bar and it'll take you around the entire fourm rather than the one section. it's frustrating for me and is no longer fit for purpose. 

used to be where you'd search in the search bar and it'll take you around the entire fourm rather than the one section. it's frustrating for me and is no longer fit for purpose. 
It does search around the forum though

It only searches from the category you are currently in (eg addons, drama). If you search from the root forums it will be spotty.
I never said you could not search the whole forums from the root. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

ritght i don't know what you two are doing right and i'm doing wrong, loving badspot's stuff forum he no longer cares about causing my headaches!!!!!!!!!