What’s the best VR headset for shooters?

Author Topic: What’s the best VR headset for shooters?  (Read 1670 times)

Played H3VR at an arcade and really enjoyed it after always wanting to try it. I plan on playing mostly shooters. What’s a good VR set for that? I know some sets are better for different things.

which head set is best for honor students

you can buy 3d printed gun "stocks" that hold vr controllers so you have better aim. they make them for most mainstream controllers. you attach a little magnet to the controller which magnetizes itself to the gun stock so you can take your hand off to reload and whatnot. best controller though? i havent really experienced with most controllers except the rift 1 and an index (which i currently have now) its really nice not having to grasp the controllers 24/7 with the index which is really nice but i can understand since the index is super pricy. i personally also wouldn't recommend buying anything oculus because having to run the oculus app to play literally anything was such a pain in the ass for me.

That’s an interesting thing with the gun stocks. I do have a printer so that would be very neat.

oculus is tied to facebook so it's a 100% skip. HTC Vive, or Index is your best bet

Since you are playing shooters you also might want to aim for a lighthouse tracking setup if you can (so hand movements still track when they are behind you ie throwing a grenade). As Rigel said HTC Vive or Index are good options and both have lighthouse tracking. HTC has lower specs in general than the index but also costs considerably less.

do not buy an oculus they recently started testing how to serve ads through the headset

any set with controllers that don't have those large rings at the end, so index or vive. if you have to do something that requires your hands to be close together, like reloading, the rings can really get in the way

source: owning wmr

not sure about for shooters, but the HP Reverb G2 seems pretty slick

not sure about for shooters, but the HP Reverb G2 seems pretty slick
This. See a lot of people recommending index. IMO index best knuckles but g2 has best display. G2 knuckles are crap though, would rather have quest knuckles than g2’s.
Most likely you are restrained by budget, heard good things about the quest 2.

If money is not a issue, a hybrid g2 with index knuckles is the ultimate set up.
If you don’t like messing with such things, the index is very nice, but I am, indeed, based.

any set with controllers that don't have those large rings at the end, so index or vive. if you have to do something that requires your hands to be close together, like reloading, the rings can really get in the way

Yup. Made racking a pistol slide very difficult. I had to drop the gun to do it.

What are your thoughts on wmr? Wanted to get it because price seemed nice, but heard about issues with other parts of it, have not heard anyone complain about the rings, though I bet you are right.

the index's guard thing that sticks out can get in the way with reloading sometimes too honestly

What are your thoughts on wmr? Wanted to get it because price seemed nice, but heard about issues with other parts of it, have not heard anyone complain about the rings, though I bet you are right.
the biggest issues are probably the finicky tracking and awkward controllers. but the screen is nice and i've never had any compatibility issues. if you can get the headset with both controllers for around $200 (or less), there's not much to complain about. just make sure you also have rechargeable AA batteries.