disturbing content exposed as a kid

Author Topic: disturbing content exposed as a kid  (Read 3004 times)

because the internet was unregulated, i inadvertently exposed myself to adult stuff which freaked me out as a kid

giygas, saw, 1000 ways to die, grimdark internet stories... i was like 8 years old then

yeah. good times

any similar stories?

uhh i first watched stuff like madness when i was 5 along with other stuff on stickpage.com and newgrounds.

creepypasta stuff used to freak me out kinda.

also same with 1000 ways to die, forget that show i still cant watch it.

other than that basic run of the mill gen z online trauma
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 07:23:33 PM by Nigel The Protagonist »

an old flash game called The House made me afraid that any even remotely horror-adjacent program or website on the computer would jumpscare me at any given time

pretty much everytime i wanted to search for sonic the hedgehog stuff on google as a kid i would find weird/creepy stuff instead

one time i was looking for dark super sonic pictures, and when i found a cool one for some reason instead of giving me the actual image it gave me bondage special interest fanart that looked like it was made in ms paint.

then there was a newgrounds flash animation where sonic needed to find a costume for a halloween party before it was too late. he eventually finds a store, runs fast towards it, but it closes down in his face. then tails appears and jokes about how sonic couldn't get a costume, only for him to get skinned alive by sonic with really loud horror music that nearly gave me a heart attack, ending with sonic appearing on knuckles' house wearing the skin of tails.

and then there's the whole tails doll creepypasta thing and deviantart, should be self-explanatory

heres a meme i found that summed up my childhood fears between 2012-2014

i also wanted to mention that fnaf didnt scare me as much as slenderman and sonic.exe did, mainly because i was growing out of it by the time fnaf came out

people dying, kittens being crushed under heels, nudity in so many disturbing forms, add on top of that the fact that a lot of my online friends ended up being child enthusiasts & the like and im surprised i turned out as stable as i did

ao oni among other thigns but i remember ao oni really loving me up in particular

people dying, kittens being crushed under heels, nudity in so many disturbing forms
Glad I was never exposed to any of that stuff. That seems really messed up.

i also wanted to mention that fnaf didnt scare me as much as slenderman and sonic.exe\
Same. Well, I dont even know what sonic.exe is, but I dont think I was ever really scared of fnaf. Slender man kept me awake at night though. To think I never even played the game.

Same. Well, I dont even know what sonic.exe is, but I dont think I was ever really scared of fnaf. Slender man kept me awake at night though. To think I never even played the game.
sonic.exe was a stuffty creepypasta about an evil sonic game that just showed sonic murdering his friends where if you played it he'd come after you. i highly recommend reading it just for the lulz or listening to a channel like michael leroi reading it, its hilarious

i should also mention a time back when i used to play roblox where, for no reason, all ads on the site would display nothing but advertisement for research sites. i could barely search for games on it without anybody looking at the screen and thinking i was watching research sites at a young age.

idk if anybody else who played the game at that time also got those ads too or something similar

Played things like penumbra and stuff around 7 or 8, Halo around 5 or 6.

username666 gave me a good spook

Somehow I managed to avoid a lot of it until I was 14, then 4chan happened.

still looking for the car that disappeared

happy tree friends lol
over the years i've become very desensitized to violence in media but i still cant stomach freshman edgecore