your fellas thoughts and experiences on living without roommates?

Author Topic: your fellas thoughts and experiences on living without roommates?  (Read 1789 times)

my lease is up in september and i live with two other roommates. i was originally going to move in with a roommate into a two bedroom. but now im considering a one bedroom for sake of space and time to focus. for those of you who have lived without roommates, is the higher expense worth it? i'm also just trying to figure out whether or not not having a roommate would feel isolating. i know its a subjective experience but do tell please

i'm pretty happy living by myself. no rules, i can take my time doing house hold chores, literally zero expectations except the ones i hold on myself. however it is lonely, so unless you plan on having friends over a bit, be prepared for that.

Ive never lived with roomates. I never thought it was a bad thing. Gets lonely sometimes though, but I usually cope with that by visiting family.

had the option of having a roommate in my uni dorm, which i declined because i’m pretty sure i would go insane if i had to live with some random dude in a tiny room for several months

i've never not had a roommate

q_q

living with roommates sucks, I had roommates for like two years until I moved into a different apartment in march. now I live alone. it's better, but imperfect, because I have EXecUtivE dSyfUNcTION and have a hard time doing things (e.g. chores) without some kind of external motivation. soon I will be living with androfox, which I expect to be better on that account, and especially because we also do things like kissing and being married which i did not do with any of my prior roommates

I’ve always lived alone and I live alone now. No idea how I’d handle if I had a roommate.

Money is important but mental health can't be overstated. Living alone is very lonely but also very freeing at the same time.

I think it's a good thing to do at least for a little while. It's the same as moving out from your parents or being able to drive for the first time, it's very freeing in some ways and scary in others.

depends, i can never have more than 1 roommate, i really like to cook and if the kitchen is forgeted it ruins my mood

i love living alone but like others said, it gets extremely lonely

Adapt to the loneliness. It’s better. Invite your girl over instead of having “my roommate dude” over 24/7

Adapt to the loneliness. It’s better. Invite your girl over instead of having “my roommate dude” over 24/7
why not just forget your roommate

Imagine if it goes south and now you’re stuck living with your ex

i think he meant the homies. hell yes

i became friends with my random roommate very fast but if you get unlucky id imagine it sux

edit: dorm room lol

Trust me get a 1 bedroom duplex/apartment. I make enough now that I can reliably splurge a couple checks then and now without worrying about rent. It's the most amazing feeling in the world waking up worriless.