Good morning you fat forgets. Reminder to stop being a disgusting slob

Author Topic: Good morning you fat forgets. Reminder to stop being a disgusting slob  (Read 4774 times)

It is. Anorexia is much easier to overcome than obesity
it really isn't. avoiding food is inaction. it is very easy to not feed yourself, you don't even have to do anything. getting oneself to take action is difficult.

theres way more fatties than there are skinnies

it really isn't. avoiding food is inaction. it is very easy to not feed yourself, you don't even have to do anything. getting oneself to take action is difficult.
I don't mean to lend credence to the advice "Just become anorexic" but you understand what the ancient evolutionary concept of hunger does right

I don't mean to lend credence to the advice "Just become anorexic" but you understand what the ancient evolutionary concept of hunger does right
hunger is easy to ignore; if you don't do anything about it you eventually stop feeling the pain in your stomach. i forget to eat for many hours because i don't feel hunger or am preoccupied with other things.
the concept of inertia applies. harder to make the chain of actions of deciding what to eat, actually making the food, having to eat the food, than it is to just continue using computer.

honestly as someone with a pretty healthy body weight and bmi or whatever, I have found it's not too hard to push past hunger and just ignore it sometimes even kind of forgetting for a day or two (mostly)

but I still would have to agree that I think gaining weight is easier than losing it in general.

Not really bro lmfao
to someone whos used to eatin 3 meals a day + snacks it probably aint but to someone who doesn't eat often i would assume its a lot easier

over a few months i've become capable of ignoring hunger to a greater degree

food is still alluring though, just a bit more limited, less 'eating for the sake of eating'

If you think you can ignore hunger you have never actually been hungry. No, being 120lbs and ignoring food to game is not hunger, it is a lack of self discipline. The idea that hunger is so ineffective as a motivator (to take action) that it is easier to be malnourished than fat is just asinine.

this is a meaningless argument because anorexia is a psychological disorder and has absolutely nothing to do with motivation or self discipline either way

your "hunger" is a hormone that your body produces and continuously not eating can suppress it. as a result a lot of small portions of food can make you feel full quicker and make you want to eat less often. It also effects how 'delicious' you perceive a lot of foods. That's why when you're hungry as hell you feel like you could eat literally anything. It has the opposite effect when you're low on it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 12:58:23 AM by Trogtor »

your "hunger" is a hormone that your body produces and continuously not eating can suppress it. as a result a lot of small portions of food can make you feel full quicker and make you want to eat less often. It also effects how 'delicious' you perceive a lot of foods. That's why when you're hungry as hell you feel like you could eat literally anything. It has the opposite effect when you're low on it.
By the time ghrelin stops producing you're weeks into starvation. Probably easier to just eat.

If you think you can ignore hunger you have never actually been hungry. No, being 120lbs and ignoring food to game is not hunger, it is a lack of self discipline. The idea that hunger is so ineffective as a motivator (to take action) that it is easier to be malnourished than fat is just asinine.
what determines "actually being hungry"?

i'm 87 pounds btw not 120

this is a meaningless argument because anorexia is a psychological disorder and has absolutely nothing to do with motivation or self discipline either way
nobody remembers that anorexia is a symptom and not caused solely by anorexia nervosa lmao
if you live with someone that 1: guilt trips you if you eat easy-to-access foods and 2: bitches and moans for hours about the smell if you ever cook something then the easier option is to just not eat, and then eventually you stop feeling the desire to eat.
extreme oversimplication; it's like a skinner box but the lever both gives you food and electrocutes you at the same time. avoid that stimulus for as long as possible.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 02:02:06 PM by foulprairiedog »

extreme oversimplication;
I would argue that "no motivation to eat" is as well.