What makes you stay?

Author Topic: What makes you stay?  (Read 11556 times)

For me its mostly nostalgia. I appreciate a community and Ill try to be involved in it because I feel indebted, from the good memories I had.
Anyone else? Some of you I am genuinely curious about.

nostalgia, game itself is insanely moddable

For me its mostly nostalgia. I appreciate a community and Ill try to be involved in it because I feel indebted, from the good memories I had.
This pretty much

building is fun

making machinimas is fun

building is fun

making machinimas is fun
this
EDIT: eventing too, eventing is insanely fun
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 06:32:11 PM by Menderman »

making machinimas is fun
I am still in disbelief of the change in graphic quality by forcing gpu to anti aliasing and Anisotropic filtering does.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 04:21:12 PM by soldier101@ »

I am still in disbelief of the change in graphic quality forcing gpu to anti aliasing and Anisotropic filtering does.

???

???
in one of the film making threads someone recommends some gpu settings. set them once for some stuff I was trying to shoot but just cant get myself to play without them.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 04:29:13 PM by soldier101@ »

Modding this game is just so intuitive and rewarding. There's so few "MODDABLE" games out there that just let you do stuff like spawn objects arbitrarily, get stuff via raycast, dump every attribute/method for an object

Even though the community is dwindling and on life support, I can't help but come back every so often and say hello to these old faces

honestly just boredom, i check the game every once in a while if there's at least something interesting to join but for the most part it's just emptier than a ghost town

i could learn how to make a small mod or something, but aside from not having enough time, i don't see myself having patience to figure things out

I am still in disbelief of the change in graphic quality by forcing gpu to anti aliasing and Anisotropic filtering does.
I set my NVidia settings to put on Anti-Aliasing but I don't like that it affects menus and the HUD also. Makes it look a bit blurry and weird.

That being said, I keep coming back because it's just a fun game. Yes, it's outdated. Yes, the graphics are meh. Yes, vehicle physics are handicapped. But for what it is, I've had so much fun with it. Building cities, eventing clever stuff, you name it.

nostalgia, game itself is insanely moddable

making machinimas is fun

These things. I still have a notepad's worth of ideas for blockland content that I just don't think translates properly to any other medium. Blockland just has this aesthetic I've yet to get from other games. We'll see how Brickadia shapes up once it's in full and all features promised are there, but in the meantime this is the best Lego simulator out there, hands down.

blocklands opened up a lot of opportunities for new skills, ive done 3d modeling, writing, movie making, etc etc

plus a lot of friends that ive known for years that i met over the game