Author Topic: better video uploading techniques  (Read 594 times)

I have this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj9X5uR891I) of which I recorded with Nvidia Share (used to be ShadowPlay) and then uploaded the raw file to youtube, but then the final result is fuzzy and not at all a video quality that I'm happy with. What video rendering techniques do you guys use, and what do you think would be an easy fix?

if you play the raw video back on your computer, is it fuzzy too? the format may be so large youtube compressed it or something. if so you could try converting the file type to like mp4 or something

sometimes higher quality takes a while to get processed too

If you right click on your video and select "Stats for nerds" you can see your codec. VP09 is the good one, but is reserved for bigger channels. Your codec is AVC, which means the quality will always be dogstuff no matter what. There is nothing you can do about this.

don't upload raw files, bring it into adobe premiere or whatever, export as mp4, and I suggest exporting in 1440p at 16mbps bitrate. uploading 1080p to youtube nowadays still always looks low res because of youtube compression

if you play the raw video back on your computer, is it fuzzy too?
Nah, it looks as good as it does in game.

don't upload raw files, bring it into adobe premiere or whatever, export as mp4, and I suggest exporting in 1440p at 16mbps bitrate. uploading 1080p to youtube nowadays still always looks low res because of youtube compression
thanks, I'll keep that in mind next time I decide to upload something