I made a steam curator page

Author Topic: I made a steam curator page  (Read 1606 times)

-snip-
When have you played the game last?
If not recently, you cannot speak for the games current state.
If recently, please acknowledge that you are still playing the game and are based.

I have one for the Blocklanders steam group that I update now and again also!
https://store.steampowered.com/curator/17921/

(I'm surprised how many people actually use this, 13k views)

if you have any suggestions for building based games that aren't on the list lemmi know.

I have one for the Blocklanders steam group that I update now and again also!
https://store.steampowered.com/curator/17921/

(I'm surprised how many people actually use this, 13k views)

if you have any suggestions for building based games that aren't on the list lemmi know.

brick rigs

When have you played the game last?
If not recently, you cannot speak for the games current state.
If recently, please acknowledge that you are still playing the game and are based.

game hasn't had a major update in years it doesn't matter if you played recently or not lol

game hasn't had a major update in years it doesn't matter if you played recently or not lol
the same argument can be made for team fortress 2, but it doesn't work due to how the community basically runs the game, please shut the forget up.

the same argument can be made for team fortress 2, but it doesn't work due to how the community basically runs the game, please shut the forget up.

Wrong

TF2 has 100,000 players daily.

Blockland has 47 players daily.

comparing TF2 to blockland like this is not the same stuff. TF2 has thousands of content creators pumping new stuff out a day blockland has maybe like 1 new add-on every week/month.

Even if TF2 doesn't get official content it has enough fan made content creators to make the game last for another 20 years while blockland does not.

valve isn't producing content for tf2 because it has at least 10,000 people producing their own fan made content. The game runs itself now by the community.

blockland has maybe less than 20 people producing fan made content. Blockland doesn't have the luxury of being self sustainable anymore. With the removal of RTB and no other service to replace it officially it went downhill. (glass doesn't count it's not officially endorsed)

« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 07:04:17 AM by King Tøny »

TF2 has 100,000 players daily.
Blockland has 47 players daily.
Not recommending a game isnt going to help any.

(glass doesn't count it's not officially endorsed)
Glass more than counts. RTB wasn't officially endorsed for awhile, and tony, there are no "officials" left to endorse glass. Anyone whos anyone uses glass now.

Not recommending a game isnt going to help any.

not having updates isnt going to help any

if this was 2008 it would have my full recommendation but as of right now, where is the new content?

Glass more than counts. RTB wasn't officially endorsed for awhile, and tony, there are no "officials" left to endorse glass. Anyone whos anyone uses glass now.

I've been playing this game for 15 years so I know where to find add-ons and how to instal them, etc

but a person who hasn't even played blockland for longer than 2 months has to randomly search through the forums for add-ons found on third party websites or use the search function on the blockland forums itself which is trash

something like steam workshop would solve this issue for new players so they are less likely to get scared off when it comes to add-ons.

RTB would have solved that issue but it was removed from blockland

glass is not officially endorsed by badspot and it is not officially intergrated into blockland, not like how RTB was at one point.

there is no glass mod bot posting add-ons to the forum automatically.

how are people suppose to find these add-ons if they never heard of glass?

you can't bully me into giving a recommendation.

when blockland starts doing real content updates I'll change it

the last time badspot added new faces and decals was in like 2009, considering custom decals and faces don't show server sided you'd think he'd be more inclined to add more faces

this game barely has avatar support even

I also remember in 2009 they teased new hats, where are they? can't even get hats

you know garry's mod by default has practically nothing, it's very bare bones. thats how blockland by default is. The mods practically make the game and thats one of the things so great is the moddability of these types of games. sure, blockland isn't as popular as it once was mainly due to a series of unfortunate events through the years such as RTB going down, a major key-leak, and practically non-existent advertisement.

you've been playing for 15 years and 6/10 is what you give blockland? why the hell did you play a game that rates a 6/10 for 15 forgetin years bro? lol. do not let your disappointment in where the game has gone after 15 years be the final judge on all the great times you had on blockland. sometimes good games die off man thats just what happens. there are plenty of games that didn't even make it this far, maybe you should cut blockland a little slack?

That being said, I honestly believe if blockland had some decent advertising and a new forum (archive the old ones), the game could attract some new players. There is still plenty of community created content including a bunch of hats, vehicles, weapons, etc.

you've been playing for 15 years and 6/10 is what you give blockland? why the hell did you play a game that rates a 6/10 for 15 forgetin years bro? lol.

I'm not catering into nostalgia to give it a higher score

-1 no updates

-1 barely anyone plays

-1 game is outdated as forget

-1 controls are loving garbage it took me playing brickadia just to realize this. Like holy forget I have to hold onto the jet button to paint my build but I have to be in a specific distance because the paint can doesn't go far enough. and I have to keep jetting on/off just to build.

I should honestly rate it lower for removing core game content like terrains and interiors just for shadows that almost no one has on and the shadows are client sided anyways so you can't do stealth minigames involving shadows
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 04:31:40 PM by King Tøny »

I'm not rating the game for someone who has played it for 15 years that's not relevant to new buyers

no one cares if blockland had 2000 players in 1 day on 2009

people care if there is people playing now and if there is any updates and there barely is any so it's not getting recommended until 1 of these 2 changes