why do people not want masks?

Author Topic: why do people not want masks?  (Read 1488 times)

like everyone hates wearing masks and say anyone who wears a muzzle is a sheep

but like, masks hide you from facial recognition technology

you're less reconizable

oh and you're less likely to get sick from the common cold

masks are awesome and I'm glad they are normalized

I don't think masks are bad but I do think forcing people to wear them goes against human rights. If someone wants to wear a mask for their own protection that's fine, but they shouldn't shame someone else for their decision not to (happens all too often) just like the person not wearing the mask shouldn't shame the ones who decide to wear one.

wearing a mask in the winter is a good idea to keep you from inhaling so much cold air and getting sick, and yeah it does hide you from facial recognition technology too so it has it's benefits.

now on the contrary I've seen people literally jogging in 90 degree heat back in the summer with a mask on, or driving alone in their car with it on. to me it seems a little odd but hey it's just a clothing preference

They're uncomfortable and inconvenient. Thats why people don't want them.

But sometimes I'll go a few days without shaving and a neck gaiter covers up my disgusting neck beard. Other than that, meh.

I don't think masks are bad but I do think forcing people to wear them goes against human rights.
This. Seriously making any mandate in America should and does receive negative feedback.

No one should force anyone to do anything in the land of the freeExcluding states NY, CA, NJ and several islands.

there is not a human right to have your face uncovered

Good point.

Oh The Taliban called, they want to thank you for your support.

that's a tool of oppression against specifically women which is completely different from a protective device that stops transmission of a deadly disease

Yes of course, my point remains though, that -

Is not exactly an accurate statement.

Edit: I definitely totally hate semantics.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 10:57:49 PM by Black and White »

Eh, it can be argued as a part of the first amendment regarding clothing and such.

I'm fine with the mask mandate, what I hate is I have to wear it at work - but nowhere else I go. And I'm fully vaccinated.

Eh, it can be argued as a part of the first amendment regarding clothing and such.
nah it's safety equipment. the first amendment don't save you from OSHA requirements to wear helmets and fall arrest harnesses either

handicapped

ur not fooling anyone with your trolling idk why you decided to turn into tony: episode 2 but it makes me want to use this forum even less than i already do
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 05:57:45 AM by Luigi609² »

I dont believe a single sarcastic comment counts as trolling. From my understanding we are both able to form independent opinions, which is more than tony.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 01:32:12 PM by soldier101@ »

If someone wants to wear a mask for their own protection that's fine, but they shouldn't shame someone else for their decision not to (happens all too often) just like the person not wearing the mask shouldn't shame the ones who decide to wear one.
isn't the mask for other people's protection tho? i don't think wearing them does as much to protect you, but i also know nothing

handicapped

So tell me, what part of

Yes of course, my point remains though, that -
Is not exactly an accurate statement.

Is remotely wrong? you can't because I'm right.