why do people not want masks?

Author Topic: why do people not want masks?  (Read 1849 times)

isn't the mask for other people's protection tho? i don't think wearing them does as much to protect you, but i also know nothing
you're talking to an anti vaxxer btw

you can't because I'm right.
If you think being forced to wear a mask impedes on your human rights then I don't have an argument for you, you're just too far gone to see sense.

"Ugh! Stupid government suppressing my rights... How DARE they tell me to wear a mask, what about MY needs?"

So tell me, what part of
Is remotely wrong? you can't because I'm right.
you're beyond help if you can't see what the difference is between forcing women to wear masks because they're women and forcing everyone to wear masks because otherwise they could cause mortal harm to another person

You're really not getting my point at all are you.
Let me spell it out, I am arguing the accuracy of the Wording, it's called semantics.

"if you guys don't stop talking you'll have to leave"
Is a completely wrong statement unless you're in a courtroom and then it's accurate.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 11:11:25 PM by Black and White »

that's a tool of oppression against specifically women which is completely different from a protective device that stops transmission of a deadly disease
Yes of course, my point remains though, that -
there is not a human right to have your face uncovered
Is not exactly an accurate statement.

Edit: I definitely totally hate semantics.

ok just rewind and read this again

Edit: for some reason I thought that agreeing and saying "yes of course." Would make that bit clear.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 11:20:27 PM by Black and White »

ok just rewind and read this again
what foulprairiedog said is fine. there is no human right to have your face uncovered, just as there is no human right to have your richard uncovered. you do have a right to not be discriminated against for being a woman

lol this is the forums I remember

i noticed burger king has started giving me manager discounts because i smile at them every day and they really like it. they even pay for my meals when i have no money because they want to see me. i assume they get a lot of angry customers so its probably a breath of fresh air when i roll by. id hate to rob them of that. i mean they dont even wear masks and being able to get breakfast every day regardless of whether i can afford it or not is also really nice lol

but like, masks hide you from facial recognition technology

you're less reconizable
although i do kinda forget with this. i walked into lowes recently and they now have that chinese security that zooms in on your face while a box tracks your head as you walk by. very weird seeing that here i bet my face is in a database somewhere now
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 09:17:42 AM by mod-man »

I don't think masks are bad but I do think forcing people to wear them goes against human rights. If someone wants to wear a mask for their own protection that's fine, but they shouldn't shame someone else for their decision not to (happens all too often) just like the person not wearing the mask shouldn't shame the ones who decide to wear one.
for what it's worth, anecdotally i hear far more often from friends and others about people calling out mask-wearers in public for an excuse to shout about their, uh, personal research, but it probably depends a lot on where you are i guess

also yeah obviously mask mandates are a loss of a type of freedom, but there are lot of mundane cases where we give up that type of freedom. i'm required to wear glasses when i drive even if i were confident i could navigate without them, i'm required to wear a seatbelt, and i'd probably get kicked out of most stores if i showed up shirtless. it inhibits my personal freedom to take on the risk of bringing harm to myself, but it protects other people so i'm not allowed to do them. having mask mandates as a temporary means of curbing the spread of an uncontrolled pandemic made sense in that respect. it's cool that they're normalized now, cus i just wear one at this point if i don't feel like showin my face or if i think i might be sick with anything

I don't think masks are bad but I do think forcing people to wear them goes against human rights. If someone wants to wear a mask for their own protection that's fine, but they shouldn't shame someone else for their decision not to (happens all too often) just like the person not wearing the mask shouldn't shame the ones who decide to wear one.

wearing a mask in the winter is a good idea to keep you from inhaling so much cold air and getting sick, and yeah it does hide you from facial recognition technology too so it has it's benefits.

now on the contrary I've seen people literally jogging in 90 degree heat back in the summer with a mask on, or driving alone in their car with it on. to me it seems a little odd but hey it's just a clothing preference

im the complete opposite. everyone should wear a mask except me.

Everyone should wear a mask

The mask: